First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All of the drivetrain; engine, trans, transfer case and both diffs. Extremely conservative yes, benefits for sure, including my non Motorcraft fluid choices. The only fluid one doesn't have a choice on us the ULV ATF. I'm pretty sure that is full synthetic.

If it isn’t too much to ask, can you document when you do this? I would like to try doing it myself as well, but never have. I am fairly competent with tools, but don’t know how to do these swaps. (Aside from engine oil.)

Curious on the fluids needed and viscosity. I went to that thread you posted, and saw a majority were using amsoil. Is that the fluid of choice?
Sponsored

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oil opinions are like assholes... Everbody has one.

I'm going with the top end Amsoil synthetic engine oil, Amsoil synthetic "severe gear" 75W-110 for both diffs (not factory vis), Motorcraft ULV ATF for the AT and Amsoil Fuel Efficient (i.e. low vis) for the TC (this is a fairly close match for the factory Motorcraft LV).

Although this is a very easy job, I'm going to pay to have it done. I value my free time greatly. I used to enjoy wrenching a lot more too...