First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bought these second hand and just realized one has broken studs. Did some searching around and didn't come up with anything. Will probably take some measurements and see if I can find replacements. Anyone know the thread size?

If I can't find the right size I might just do some grade 8 bolts. But would rather avoid that. I'll probably talk to a machine shop and see what they say.

Any advice appreciated.

20230704_165539.jpg
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you wanted you could probably source the studs & press them in, but now you have the opportunity to flip the ends up with grade 8 hardware. BTW Zone does use standard bolts on their level kits. Only problem you'll have is that you will need to double wrench it the next time you remove the because they won't be pressed in 🤠 .

Naxster

Badlands
First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those look like they were cut! Pretty BS for the seller to do that and not tell you.

If you do hammer out the studs, they are MUCH easier to install with bolts. (I just installed Bilstein 6100s and they come with bolts instead of studs)

Are these Sasquatch shocks? Do they have the springs on them? Another option, if you like, it's to buy the 6100s and use the springs off this set (if they are sasquatch springs). The ride is so much better than the sasquatch shocks.

Stage 3 has them for $900 right now, smoking deal.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2...sasquatch-bilstein-b8-6100-shock-package.html

OP
OP
GI_Jo_Nathan

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you wanted you could probably source the studs & press them in, but now you have the opportunity to flip the ends up with grade 8 hardware. BTW Zone does use standard bolts on their level kits. Only problem you'll have is that you will need to double wrench it the next time you remove the because they won't be pressed in 🤠 .
Yeah that's probably the best bet. I'll have to see how hard it is to get them out.
Those look like they were cut! Pretty BS for the seller to do that and not tell you.

If you do hammer out the studs, they are MUCH easier to install with bolts. (I just installed Bilstein 6100s and they come with bolts instead of studs)
Are these Sasquatch shocks?
Yeah it's pretty weird, not sure how they did that. Also can't believe I didn't notice. Honestly I got a good enough deal that I'm not too mad about it.

They are Badlands non-Sas with springs. Replacing the Hitachis on my Black Diamond.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that's probably the best bet. I'll have to see how hard it is to get them out.

Yeah it's pretty weird, not sure how they did that. Also can't believe I didn't notice. Honestly I got a good enough deal that I'm not too mad about it.

They are Badlands non-Sas with springs. Replacing the Hitachis on my Black Diamond.
Do you have a vise? You can press them out that way with a driver and a socket (press into the socket) Shouldn't too hard.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GI_Jo_Nathan

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have a vise? You can press them out that way with a driver and a socket (press into the socket) Shouldn't too hard.
I have access to one, I'll give it a shot. The lip around the head of the stud is tiny on the outside so I'm hoping it doesn't slip. We'll see. Thanks!

Naxster

Badlands
First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I threw out my old shocks at my brother's last weekend, I'm headed over there today, if the shocks are still in the scrap bin I can try and hammer out a couple studs for you real quick.

If you want to toss me $5 to cover shipping.

Let me know. No promises, but I'll give it a shot. If I can get them out in 10min then great.

OP
OP
GI_Jo_Nathan

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I threw out my old shocks at my brother's last weekend, I'm headed over there today, if the shocks are still in the scrap bin I can try and hammer out a couple studs for you real quick.

If you want to toss me $5 to cover shipping.

Let me know. No promises, but I'll give it a shot. If I can get them out in 10min then great.
That would be awesome! Would rather not reinvent the wheel on these if I don't have to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GI_Jo_Nathan

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A great example of the awesome community we have in this forum.

Naxster

Badlands
First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have access to one, I'll give it a shot. The lip around the head of the stud is tiny on the outside so I'm hoping it doesn't slip. We'll see. Thanks!
This is how I got them out, just so you know. Put a large shallow socket over the head of the stud, then clamped in a vise. Had to hit the handle of the vise with a hammer (a cheater might work as well), it wasn't too bad. Could probably do the same to install them.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you end up using bolts and stay with metric threads, use at a minimum Grade 10.9 in metric. Grade 12.9 would be an upgrade in strength.

OP
OP
GI_Jo_Nathan

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is how I got them out, just so you know. Put a large shallow socket over the head of the stud, then clamped in a vise. Had to hit the handle of the vise with a hammer (a cheater might work as well), it wasn't too bad. Could probably do the same to install them.
Thanks again for the parts and the advice! Used my dad's vice and got them swapped out.

Thanks for the info everyone!

20230708_105140.jpg
Sponsored