First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need to find a shop in so cal that'll install the broncbuster housing and the bushing for relatively cheap.. I've called a few shops and nobody wants to cuz they dunno what it is. I've tried contacting broncbuster a few times and they haven't responded.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would do better by having someone near you help you out. It's not that hard & you will learn a little about your truck.

OP
OP

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great advice thanks. I've already swapped my steering rack myself, hence the broncbuster stuff. It is easy, but I'm leaving for work on Saturday for a month and going to Death Valley the day after I get back. Any other suggestions? My girl would drop it off and pick it up for me.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like you're more than capable of doing it yourself, but your schedule is causing the issue.

It sucks for sure, but are you really the type that would trust some random mechanic to install fix your steering?

Hell I don't even trust someone to do my oil change. My guess is you can squeeze it in between coming home and going to Moab. Sleep in the Bronco while your GF drives if you need to ;)

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha , the ol' time & money conundrum. If you don't have the time it takes more money / If you don't have the money it takes more time. ;)
GL

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll give you three suggestions, none of which are a sure thing.

Try Oscar at AC Fab. I'm sure he's capable of it but not sure if he wants to work on someone else's Bronco, installing someone else's parts (he's very enthusiastic about installing his own products). But he's close so he might be a good person to ask, and might have suggestions. He's on this forum with the handle @Oscargrouch323.

Or you might try Brothers 4X4 in Montclair. They probably won't know what it is either, but they work on a lot of 4X4's and might agree to take a shot at it. Like any other 4X4 shop they mostly work on Jeeps. But I know they've worked on a few older Broncos. Not sure if they've touched a new one yet.

Third is to contact Mike Cox at Factory BS in Riverside, formerly known as Bronco Factory (maybe they got hit with the nastygram from Ford about their name?). They are a shop and they do work on Broncos, including the new ones. Mike gave me a spare tie rod at Moab last year saying I should carry it just in case, so he's of course familiar with the steering issues of these things but I've no clue whether he would be interested in installing that housing for you. But it's worth a try. Their website is at https://www.factorybsstore.com/

Good luck. I was checking out those housings at Tyler's booth out at Super Cel Colorado, it looks like a solid product.

OP
OP

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
thanks for the suggestions and quick responses. I probably should have explained my time restraints in my op.

I'll try the shops today.
Sponsored