Sponsored

Bronco B&O Amp Upgrade to F150 B&O Unleashed Amp ?

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows if the B&O amplifier for the 2021-22 F150 for the B&O unleashed system would work for the B&O system in the Bronco's. That amp is 1080 watts vs the 660 watts that comes with our system. The connections are the same just trying to find out if the pinouts are the same that I could try it out. I see a few on eBay for under $300 so it would be nice to try it out if the extra power would make any sort of difference with the stock B&O system until i finally pull the trigger to actually put in a proper sound system. Got to save up looking at doing an Illusion Carbon system.

F150 Unleashed Amp Model #ML3T-18T806-BM

Bronco Amp Model #M2DT-18T806-AH
Sponsored

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the B&o unleashed system in the F150 is a 10 channel amp vs the 6 channel amp in the Bronco.

while its true the 10channel amp is more overall power, theF150 one has an F150 specific EQ applied to it. the connectors might also have unique keyways.

the amps also mount completely differently so you would need to find a new place to put it.

TLDR: dont do it

OP
OP
badbronc4x4

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say I couldn't find that part on how many channels but still wouldn't matter when you're only using 6 channels of it. The F150 EQ could sound better then the Bronco EQ. The Bronco one is horrible. But, if you can adjust the unique keyways with the pinout to match the Bronco might be worth it. I'm not so worried about the mounting part.

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the EQ is created specifically for the F150 and its speakers + locations of everything. i cannot understate how bad of an idea it would be to attempt to shoehorn an F150 EQ to the bronco.

as far as the B&o in the bronco. if everything is stock, i would reset the sound settings to default and listen for a few days with it left like that. then, you can use the EQ sliders if you think youd like a bit more in a specific area or can look at what others have done in the aftermarket world to make it more their liking.
Sponsored