Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seen in various threads some upgrading the center with a matching coax as L and R (focal, jl,etc), while others have used strictly a midrange driver (audiofrog, etc). Wanted to see what preference has been and is there any issues with factory voice/nav since changing the center out (some have reported lower volume)
Sponsored

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Corvette HTC, 2022 Bronco 4dr, 2019 BMW X7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used this based the on the excellent thread from Ksjrb03:
PRV AUDIO 4 Inch Midrange Speaker 4MR60-4. Available as a single speaker on Amazon for $25. I'm happy with the results.

OP
OP
Tye

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I used this based the on the excellent thread from Ksjrb03:
PRV AUDIO 4 Inch Midrange Speaker 4MR60-4. Available as a single speaker on Amazon for $25. I'm happy with the results.
Had you tried a coax previous to it?

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the B&O system will be adequate for my liking.
Music had always been an afterthought and not very important in my life.
just background noise…

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I havent heard the B&O system, but with a simple change in speakers, does it sound better, or does the amp not cut it either?

Sponsored

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find the B&O to be ok with higher quality music streaming sources. (like Apple music) Sirius sounds like crap.
I'm replacing my speakers this weekend with Focals to see if I like it. 4" up front and then adding the 6.5" pods in rear with 6.5" focals. I'm not doing the foot panel speakers right now and then may replace the subwoofer.

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks Sasquatch!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find the B&O to be ok with higher quality music streaming sources. (like Apple music) Sirius sounds like crap.
I'm replacing my speakers this weekend with Focals to see if I like it. 4" up front and then adding the 6.5" pods in rear with 6.5" focals. I'm not doing the foot panel speakers right now and then may replace the subwoofer.
Let me know how this goes. I am not super interested in doing a ton of work with AMPS etc, but simple speaker installers but do the trick for me.

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let me know how this goes. I am not super interested in doing a ton of work with AMPS etc, but simple speaker installers but do the trick for me.
Got everything installed this weekend. Very happy with the upgrade , totally worth it . The focals are more efficient and it plays louder at the same volume and more crisp and dynamic .

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks Sasquatch!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got everything installed this weekend. Very happy with the upgrade , totally worth it . The focals are more efficient and it plays louder at the same volume and more crisp and dynamic .
When you have time.. Doesn't have to be tonight. Can you shoot over a list here or PM me what you purchased? Thanks!

Sponsored

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you have time.. Doesn't have to be tonight. Can you shoot over a list here or PM me what you purchased? Thanks!
Focal ACX 100’s for the front 3
Focal ACX 165 for the rear
SSV pods to add 6.5” in the rear

Ordered the speakers from Crutchfield and the pods direct from SSV.

Summertime

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any chance you have an extra Focal 4" for sale?

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seen in various threads some upgrading the center with a matching coax as L and R (focal, jl,etc), while others have used strictly a midrange driver (audiofrog, etc). Wanted to see what preference has been and is there any issues with factory voice/nav since changing the center out (some have reported lower volume)
It doesn't seem this question was ever actually answered. I see many using the 4” PRV midrange and wondering why vs another matching coax in center. Is the midrange better for center staging vs coax or is the only reason due to being able to buy this PRV in a single vs a set?
Sponsored