Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been fascinated for a long time with the early 20th Century Touring Cars that people would trek across the US with before the days of Interstate Highways and what comes with them. One of my bucket list items is to drive the TransAmerica Trail (crossing the US on as many dirt roads as possible) and live that experience, as close as I can, to what others experienced 100 years ago. My next car selection is the vehicle that will convey me on that journey and when the Bronco was revealed I realize that I had found my car/truck for the expedition. What I came to also realize is how much, to me, the Black Diamond 4DR hearkens back to those early 20th Century Touring Cars, albeit with just a few more technological amenities.? Similarities include minimal steel wheels, boxy cab design, flat windshield and elongated squared off front/engine compartment. Ok, I do admit to a vulnerability for a bit of projection, but it is fun for me.
So, as I wait for the Build & Price with all of you, I am filling my time with areas of exploration. Below, for your viewing pleasure-speculation-diversion, are a few pics of the Black Diamond CGI render as well as touring cars from 100 years ago. What do you think? Am I projecting, crazy or am I on to something? Thanks, ?

Ford Bronco Bronco Black Diamond 4DR: the 21st Century Overland Touring Car 1917 Fageol Touring Car
Ford Bronco Bronco Black Diamond 4DR: the 21st Century Overland Touring Car 1922 Birmingham
Ford Bronco Bronco Black Diamond 4DR: the 21st Century Overland Touring Car 1928 REO Flying Cloud
Ford Bronco Bronco Black Diamond 4DR: the 21st Century Overland Touring Car 2021Bronco_Series_BLACKDIAMOND
Ford Bronco Bronco Black Diamond 4DR: the 21st Century Overland Touring Car BD Area 51 4 dr
Sponsored