Sponsored

Is Black Diamond interior louder with the rubber or carpet flooring?

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have searched the forms and found one thread discussing this question but no definitive answer. Anyone who has driven the black diamond can you say if the interior is louder with the rubberized flooring versus if it was carpeted; I’ll already have a soft top which is my concern for interior noise? Is the MGV sturdy enough to withstand an 80 pound dog from time to time? I’m still trying to decide on either staying with the big Bend or switch into a black diamond as I do like the idea of not worrying about carpet stains and/or dog fur getting stuck in the seats. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont think anything can survive the paws and claws of most dogs, let alone 80 lbs. Get one of the pet seat covers to throw down when loading up the doggo

As for road noise. It won't be louder.

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have about 520miles so far on my 4 door Black Diamond and It is pretty quiet inside with the rubberized floors. Flooring is pretty thick and is padded under it about a half inch atleast, maybe 3/4. I ordered rubber mats to put down also. Not sure if that will make much of a difference in road noise. Stock grabbers on the steelies have a decent hum to them on the highway. I always have music on so not really noticeable. Putting seat covers on back seat and also use a dog protection cover to prevent any damage to the vinyl seats. Dog toenails will definitely mess that up quickly if just left raw(uncovered). Ideally I would like to remove the back seats in the future. Dog drool and fur is super easy to clean and vacuum out. Carpet is terrible with that. Hope this helps! Good luck!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rubber flooring will not be an issue. My 90 lb lab does not tear the vinyl on my 2021 Polaris ranger. She jumps in and out every day to pick up my daughter from the school bus. I have not felt a BD seat cover but the ranger vinyl is “builder grade”. I would think BD vinyl is comparable or better.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is not loud inside at all. Loving the BD interior. Pup hair and sand came out no problem after our beach trip. Our dog is 70 lbs and I have zero worries about the durability of the MGV. Just hope there is a solution to get rid of the carpet behind the back seat.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model