Sponsored

Bronco Build week 4/29

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s not shipping that’s holding it up, it’s the QC process. Spoke to ford marketing and my dealership. Still in “produced to be released”. It’s alive, has 1.8 miles on it. It’s Quality Control checks, and sounds like early June is likely early target from past experiences of the dealership. Did say I’m in line with 3 other orders of theirs that are going through the same thing, all with order numbers within a stone’s throw of mine. So, sounds like a log jam in Dearborn…
Sponsored

JohnR

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, Ford chat and the dealership shows my Bronco is being shipped this week. My tracker hasn't changed since 4/29, the date it said in production. I'm in Michigan, so the plant is 4 hours away and it will be shipped by truck. I'm not holding my breath.

Out of curiosity, I went on Edmunds to get the invoice amount, as someone here suggested. I requested a price quote from 3 dealerships in the area, only heard from one who told me to go on Ford.com and build one for a price. When the vehicle comes in, I'll have to try to negotiate then. I was going to order in Arizona this winter but the taxes were much higher, almost 3% higher. I feel like I'm playing a shell game. At least I'll get the jeep discount and hopefully the X Plan.....
I spoke to the sales person at the dealership. He agreed that I should get the same discounts they are offering for off the lot purchases, but said he can't tell the actual invoice price until it arrives.

OP
OP
rdg04578

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I spoke to the sales person at the dealership. He agreed that I should get the same discounts they are offering for off the lot purchases, but said he can't tell the actual invoice price until it arrives.
Actually he does know the invoice price for the vehicle-- every dealer pays the same invoice price as well as the same for shipping and to tell you different is blowing smoke. The dealer also knows how much they are getting in hold back money is since it is a flat percentage of the MSRP or invoice price (but the hold back cash is generally not passed through to the consumer)--it is their built in profit.

What he does not know is any additional incentives from ford based on advertising incentives and volume incentives from ford--which are done on either a monthly or quarterly period

JohnR

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actually he does know the invoice price for the vehicle-- every dealer pays the same invoice price as well as the same for shipping and to tell you different is blowing smoke. The dealer also knows how much they are getting in hold back money is since it is a flat percentage of the MSRP or invoice price (but the hold back cash is generally not passed through to the consumer)--it is their built in profit.

What he does not know is any additional incentives from ford based on advertising incentives and volume incentives from ford--which are done on either a monthly or quarterly period
That is incredibly helpful in my next discussion with him.

Grumparoo406

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Mustang, Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My car, (5/2 blend), has *finally* progressed to "built" in the tracker.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build week 4/29 built

No idea what the hold up was, and I was beginning to get concerned seeing reports of people whose Broncos have been "in production" for months. I'm happy at this point to see movement. Dealer has agreed to provide the rail car number once it ships, which hopefully will be soon.

Sponsored

KMJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Jeep LJ, Jeep TJ modified
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't feel bad, mine not since April 29th.

KMJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I chatted with Ford. They say ETA of my Bronco is May 13th to May 19th. That's this week. Yet, my tracker doesn't even show it's built yet.

I told her, "I read the forums, Ford is definitely losing sales because of such poor communication. There are a bunch of us getting bad or no info. Doesn't install confidence. People think there is something wrong with their vehicle and they are going to get a lemon. Just letting you know. I'm thinking about buying a used one myself....

She send me a link to the very tracker that hasn't updated. Said the tracker is correct but her tracker is a little more accurate. Hmmm, mine shows still in production, hers shows built and on its way. This is crazy. I am guessing Ford Chat knows nothing and us just giving pre-written answers. Making me nervous , for sure.

Bottom line is, no one knows anything, lol.

Spacepal

Wildtrak
First Name
WES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2dr Bronco, Porsche 911, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got a response from my salesman and the last update is that as of May 9 it was in a QA hold

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'61 Falcon, '87 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0, '01 F350 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That could be a blessing in disguise! Better they found a problem before you did after taking delivery. I don't know if this is how they spotted your issue or not, but here is what happens to some of the wayward vehicles. Upper mangers at the plant have the perk of being able to drive home a new vehicle fresh off the line every day. In return, they have to do tests and checks and fill out a report when they bring the vehicle back. If you get one that has 30 to 60 miles on it, that is why. It's been through double quality control done by the bosses! Glad you got some update. No info can be maddening...

Sponsored

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious how many of us on QA hold have hardtops? I'm dual top. Not saying that's the cause, but if it truly is a QA hold and not a shipping issue whereby they place it on QA to keep dealers from constantly calling them for updates, then I can really only think of one thing that could cause a wide spread hold...the hard top.

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'61 Falcon, '87 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0, '01 F350 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My order was for dual tops. Blend date was 5/2. You can see how it progressed from there.
Ford Bronco Bronco Build week 4/29 Capture.JPG

KMJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My daughter is an engineer and was working at the GM plant. One morning she came to work to find hundreds of vehicles parked anywhere they could find a place to park them. She found out they were missing a right windshield wiper and couldn't slow production, so they just parked them. She said it was crazy...it can be something as simple as that.....

JohnR

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My blend date was 5/3. My tracker listed built is complete, waiting to ship. In Ford chat I was told delivery to dealer date is May 28th. We shall see.

BoldNorth

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 HPR Wildtrak, '95 Mustang GT Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Nc211 -- My order is HPR Wildtrak, dual tops, tow. Blend 5/2, production 5/6. No additional updates other than an email that production is taking longer than expected. Modules have not yet populated. Ford Chat did not have any detail, other than expected delivery 5/27 - 6/2 ...
Sponsored