Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Idk his representative sent him several emails that of which he showed me the representative wanted several orders to have unauthorized changes due to availability of certain items.
Umm what? 😳 unauthorized changes to people's orders? I mean its one thing if it's an unbuildable order but just changing because of commodity restraints?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Evenflo1

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm what? 😳 unauthorized changes to people's orders?
Yup about 15 and they were priority builds too. He showed me even their dealer order for their showroom model had changes made by ford not them.

OP
OP
Evenflo1

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m smell a troll 👃🏼
I hope I wasn't being trolled. I walked in to dealer hot. He literally handed his customer off to someone else. I'm just repeating what was said to me. Like I said the 1800 number said they could've made changes up until vin was sent he showed me that it wasn't possible it kept popping up with errors even with no vin build. Which looks like I'm screwed for either settling or reordering.

OP
OP
Evenflo1

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m smell a troll 👃🏼
From what he told me I pretty much won't have my exact build until model year 2023 because even his 2022 model year orders are having issues.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once the VIN is assigned they can't do anything and the build will be delivered to the dealership according to the specs at the time the VIN was assigned.

My question would be how did you walk out of the dealership without a signed build sheet showing all the options you wanted? Every dealership I've ever been in has customers sign off on the build sheets for orders to show they reviewed the order and everything is how they would like it.

If you have the build sheet and the order was changed after that by the dealership without your permission then I'd be talking to the dealership about a substantial discount, or an agreement that they order the additional parts at cost and have them install them free of charge once the parts are available (that might be a while).

OP
OP
Evenflo1

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once the VIN is assigned they can't do anything and the build will be delivered to the dealership according to the specs at the time the VIN was assigned.

My question would be how did you walk out of the dealership without a signed build sheet showing all the options you wanted? Every dealership I've ever been in has customers sign off on the build sheets for orders to show they reviewed the order and everything is how they would like it.

If you have the build sheet and the order was changed after that by the dealership without your permission then I'd be talking to the dealership about a substantial discount, or an agreement that they order the additional parts at cost and have them install them free of charge once the parts are available (that might be a while).
I had a build sheet similar to that online printout what the dealer gave me. Yes I'm rejecting my order and was told I'm getting it at msrp and no destination fees plus all other initial incentives ford originally said. First time I've had any issues with this dealership why it was so frustrating and why it took so long before I spike out and questioned them. I've purchased my 2019 fx4 ranger, 2017 mustang, 2019 expedition all through that dealer. Like I said he showed me an email from his rep how real it is I don't know but changes were needed to be made due to commodity issue is what his computer prompted him. Now he could've been manipulating his websites that I don't know. This has been extremely stressful and beyond frustrating to be quite honest.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a build sheet similar to that online printout what the dealer gave me. Yes I'm rejecting my order and was told I'm getting it at msrp and no destination fees plus all other initial incentives ford originally said. First time I've had any issues with this dealership why it was so frustrating and why it took so long before I spike out and questioned them. I've purchased my 2019 fx4 ranger, 2017 mustang, 2019 expedition all through that dealer. Like I said he showed me an email from his rep how real it is I don't know but changes were needed to be made due to commodity issue is what his computer prompted him. Now he could've been manipulating his websites that I don't know. This has been extremely stressful and beyond frustrating to be quite honest.
Glad you went in.

Not being there myself, I can’t really figure out what the deal is, but all my theories point back to this poor guy being in way over his head with the reservation and ordering system.

I wonder if he’s seeing the comidity conflicts during previews and interpreting a note about a commodity constraint to mean he needs to modify the order to get it built (instead of giving the customer the option to change it for build or to not change and just keep waiting).

Whatever is going on, I’m sorry about your experience. Thank you for coming back and updating us.

OP
OP
Evenflo1

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you went in.

Not being there myself, I can’t really figure out what the deal is, but all my theories point back to this poor guy being in way over his head with the reservation and ordering system.

I wonder if he’s seeing the comidity conflicts during previews and interpreting a note about a commodity constraint to mean he needs to modify the order to get it built (instead of giving the customer the option to change it for build or to not change and just keep waiting).

Whatever is going on, I’m sorry about your experience. Thank you for coming back and updating us.
Thank you and thank you to everyone else who came together to get me some information and help me out.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad you went in.

I agree with Zack. Something’s still not adding up. Maybe his regional reps an idiot as well.

Sponsored

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I know for a fact color can be changed after the VIN is assigned. Mine had to be as I had requested the change be made and the dealer drug their feet and didn't get it done and the VIN got picked up. They called their rep and got it changed BUT the dealership had to do it and it was done hours after my VIN was assigned. Mike Levine might still be able to help. But I would expect it to delay your build for sure. Mine was pushed back from 6/28 to 8/9.
I have a VIN. My dealer has told me you can make changes (color, etc) to order up to about 3 -4 wks before build but it is subject to plant approval. He has changed my OBX mid package to high package. Shortly after, my build date changed from 7/26 to 8/23. Not sure if thats from the order modification or the now scheduled shut down on 7/26 week.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I am not sure what is going on here now and I have a feeling your dealer knows even less. No orders should be changed without the reservation holders permission. Sounds like this guy is about to royaly f some shit up.

OP
OP
Evenflo1

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a VIN. My dealer has told me you can make changes (color, etc) to order up to about 3 -4 wks before build but it is subject to plant approval. He has changed my OBX mid package to high package. Shortly after, my build date changed from 7/26 to 8/23. Not sure if thats from the order modification or the now scheduled shut down on 7/26 week.
He showed me an email he had sent out to his rep back in early March which his rep had said he would be able to ammend changes later which wasn't the case. Honestly idk pretty bummed but I guess everything happens for a reason. Idk

OP
OP
Evenflo1

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I am not sure what is going on here now and I have a feeling your dealer knows even less. No orders should be changed without the reservation holders permission. Sounds like this guy is about to royaly f some shit up.
He did say he's had several people calling him daily, so I know it's not just me.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Customer: “Order me the Mic top”

Ford: “MIC tops are constrained, for an order to be scheduled it will need to have a soft top.“

Dealership Employee: “Ford told me to change everyone’s order to soft top”
Sponsored