Sponsored

Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yesterday I had a chance to see a couple of four-door soft top broncos in person: a Velocity Blue 4-door Big Bend and a Rapid Rep 4-door Outer Banks. Unfortunately, neither had Sasquatch and there were no two doors or models with hardtops for the sake of comparison, and there was no joy ride to be had. Here are a few pics I snapped and my impressions:
  • As someone heavily leaning toward a Basesquatch in VB, it did not disappoint in person at all. That color looks phenomenal on the Bronco and I don't think my pics do it justice. I've had red cars and I want to switch things up so I'm not considering rapid red or race red, but the red looked sharp on the OBX too. If you're on the fence about Velocity Blue, go with it and don't look back.
  • After looking at nothing but pictures for the better part of the last year, these things do not disappoint in person. We're getting a good-looking car, folks.
  • These things do not "need" the 35s to look good, and the only ones that think that are us, the enthusiast lunatics, on these boards after we've spent nine months looking at nothing but promo pictures of the squatch and 32s in a build and price render that make them look "small." If you don't think you need sasquatch, you're not going to die an old man full of regret if you pass. The car looks damn good on 32s, even a 4-door. Get it and throw on some 33 or even 32 KO2s and call if a day if you're not convinced you want the squatch and you've still got a hell of a car.
  • I'm 6'3" and 275 lb. I adjusted the driver's seat and had tons of headroom. The only slight discomfort was the tightness of the B pillar. The seats felt good. I'm hoping the 2-door has the B pillar further back.
  • The Big Bend was bare-bones with the stick shift and had no mid package. The interior is still really nice and I now have no qualms about potentially getting a Basesquatch and skipping the mid package.
  • While I didn't get to drive, the throw on the shifter feels nice. I'm coming from an '18 Civic Si that has a great shifter, so my standards are high-ish.
  • The navy/gray leather interior on the OBX is ok. Personally, I would go with the roast. Overall, I don't see the need for leather on this car, but that's my personal preference.

Ford Bronco Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red 4-Door 2021 Bronco Big Bend Velocity Blue Soft Top 4
Ford Bronco Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red 4-Door 2021 Bronco Big Bend Velocity Blue Soft Top 1
Ford Bronco Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red 4-Door 2021 Bronco Big Bend Velocity Blue Soft Top 2
Ford Bronco Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red 4-Door 2021 Bronco Big Bend Velocity Blue Soft Top 5
Ford Bronco Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red 4-Door 2021 Bronco Big Bend Velocity Blue Soft Top 3

Ford Bronco Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red photo_2021-04-02_18-02-42
Ford Bronco Bronco Event @ Midway Ford in Miami: 4-Door BB in Velocity Blue & 4-Door OBX in Rapid Red photo_2021-04-03_12-26-41 (2)
Sponsored