Sponsored

Bronco full size roof tent rack options?

Les Korcala

Black Diamond
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello , glad to find this great forum and hope to learn some tips from other members.
We are waiting to pick up ne Bronco Black Diamond ( full size 4 Dr ) sometime in few months and I have question in reference to hard top roof rack system.
I wanted to ask if anyone here have mounted or planing to amount roof top tent.
I have brand new Roofnest Falcon XL and planing on mounting on to Bronco.
wonder if anyone figured out the aftermarket right rack or perhaps used factory rack.
thanks
Les
Florence , Montana
Sponsored

sbplum

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Les! Did you ever figure this out? I was thinking about getting the same RTT for my 4d Badlands. Would love to see pics of your rig with the Falcon XL on it if you are willing! Wondering how much it sticks out around the sides and what rack you ended up going with!

OP
OP

Les Korcala

Black Diamond
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Les! Did you ever figure this out? I was thinking about getting the same RTT for my 4d Badlands. Would love to see pics of your rig with the Falcon XL on it if you are willing! Wondering how much it sticks out around the sides and what rack you ended up going with!
Hello ,
sorry for late respond , yes we got Prinsu rack and mounted all and love it so far. Let me know if you have any questions I have many images I took during assembly of the Prinsu
I do wish we had just Falcon case it would be same footprint on the roof , with XL it’s about 1,5” -2” on each side bit wider but not as bad as on my Xterra haha 😂

F382D9D7-ABD6-4FC0-8FE1-BF8B9F153E6D.jpeg

D2DC5E05-7644-45F3-9BEE-E66DEB77F14A.jpeg

0C11CC31-CDF0-450C-BD6A-2BDD5ED48FC2.jpeg

38FB0081-D8D5-434E-9614-4FC7215588E7.jpeg

6CF23E88-B91D-46CA-AB47-34C5899BC002.jpeg

Redonco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello ,
sorry for late respond , yes we got Prinsu rack and mounted all and love it so far. Let me know if you have any questions I have many images I took during assembly of the Prinsu
I do wish we had just Falcon case it would be same footprint on the roof , with XL it’s about 1,5” -2” on each side bit wider but not as bad as on my Xterra haha 😂

Ford Bronco Bronco full size roof tent rack options? 6CF23E88-B91D-46CA-AB47-34C5899BC002

Ford Bronco Bronco full size roof tent rack options? 6CF23E88-B91D-46CA-AB47-34C5899BC002

How easy is the Prinsu rack to take on and off? I'm looking for a rack I can use in the winter and for mounting a roof top tent to on occasion in the warmer months but want to be able to remove easily so I can take off the top and enjoy the open air

OP
OP

Les Korcala

Black Diamond
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How easy is the Prinsu rack to take on and off? I'm looking for a rack I can use in the winter and for mounting a roof top tent to on occasion in the warmer months but want to be able to remove easily so I can take off the top and enjoy the open air
Good question !
just like any roof racks up there , factory or aftermarket you will need some sort of winch ( lift ) to store your RTT
We got 100$ motorized winch sitting high in garage bay and can lift it off the room in seconds , sits on 2x4’s on the chains plus winch , very easy set up.
I never took my roof off so I believe you would have to take the rack off either factory one or aftermarket. Bit pain each time you get them off and later line them up back on the roof.
not sure about factory one but Prinsu is in 2 sections ( front longer one ) and u have one quarter rear section. They have similar fittings like Yakima racks with 6 plates total plus front section above the windshield.
looks like you would have to take them in 2 sequences first you would need to take the RTT off the rack , and than take the rack off.
more world than just taking RTT off but if you wanted to take roof off in the nice season it’s what is going to take.
still it can be done in one day easy !
having winch is big plus and your RTT is stored away from everything.
I have posted photos of my winch assembly in the garage.
hope this help
Sponsored