Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@TrailRax @Valkyrie Off Road The problem a lot of us are running into is the placement of rear cap crossbars. It’s too far back. Many of us need crossbars in the middle of the vehicle, like most vehicles. For example, I have a 13.5ft Kayak. If I use the rear cap crossbars, the Kayak will be sticking way out the back!

Are crossbars only (in the middle) just not possible? I’m thinking not. That’s why I’ve asked every company making these if they can simply make roof “rails” only where we can use our existing Yakima and Thule crossbars. The 1st to do this gets my money. - and a lot of people want this!
I have this same concern - these rear crossbars paired with a 3rd bar that mounts to the windshield points would seemingly solve the issue... still haven't seen anybody release something like that yet. They appear to be available for Jeeps. Not sure what kind of weight those front mounting points can withstand but if weight is also distributed on the rear crossbars maybe it would be fine??

Now if Valkyrie would just leave the logo off that front crossbar mount it would be perfect... I know I'm being extremely picky lol. It is probably my leading candidate assuming Thule/Yakima don't release footpacks to use with my existing crossbars anytime soon. Still not sure how that isn't an option yet...
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I too wish there were more options for roof racks and I am very surprised there are not. There are good location points in the front with threaded holes. And two good locations in the back with the cut outs in the MIC top. I just want basic cross bars to mount a kayak or paddle board.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

Valkyrie Off Road

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valkyrieoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@TrailRax @Valkyrie Off Road @ZROADZOFFICIAL @JcrOffroad
The problem a lot of us are running into is the placement of rear cap crossbars. It’s too far back. Many of us need crossbars in the middle of the vehicle, like most vehicles. For example, I have a 13.5ft Kayak. If I use the rear cap crossbars, the Kayak will be sticking way out the back!

Are crossbars only (in the middle) just not possible? I’m thinking not. That’s why I’ve asked every company making these if they can simply make roof “rails” only where we can use our existing Yakima and Thule crossbars. The 1st to do this gets my money. - and a lot of people want this!
Without drilling into the roof, there's nowhere to mount anything further up towards the middle.

Valkyrie Off Road

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valkyrieoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have this same concern - these rear crossbars paired with a 3rd bar that mounts to the windshield points would seemingly solve the issue... still haven't seen anybody release something like that yet. They appear to be available for Jeeps. Not sure what kind of weight those front mounting points can withstand but if weight is also distributed on the rear crossbars maybe it would be fine??

Now if Valkyrie would just leave the logo off that front crossbar mount it would be perfect... I know I'm being extremely picky lol. It is probably my leading candidate assuming Thule/Yakima don't release footpacks to use with my existing crossbars anytime soon. Still not sure how that isn't an option yet...

We are working on a windshield mount for a forward support section.

Sponsored

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without drilling into the roof, there's nowhere to mount anything further up towards the middle.
@Valkyrie Off Road @JcrOffroad @ZROADZOFFICIAL @TrailRax This idea below is easier said than done I’m sure, but there are screw/accessory points on the rollbars. Maybe a plate could connect there and wrap up over the front panel to hold a crossbar? It does not impede the window; it just needs to allow the front panel to sit tight.
Ford Bronco Simple roof rack options? 8756ED8A-7269-40EC-855A-998EA3A3AF02

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We actually are working on a Pak Rax solo design that would be just 2 cross members on top. Here is a picture. Should be available in late September.
Ford Bronco Simple roof rack options? 8756ED8A-7269-40EC-855A-998EA3A3AF02
I might be confused by your other responses, but does this kit mount to the factory rails if installed already? This kit looks modular and might bolt to the factory rack mount, no?

Also, link?

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bah!

Seems like there could be a mounting bracket from the rack to the rail. Positive thinking...

Ford Bronco Simple roof rack options? Pak Rax parts.JPG
This version is designed to be an upgrade for existing TRMR Rack owners that did not originally opt for the Pak Rax. It will only fit on our TRMR Rack.

The stand-alone is the option that will work without the TRMR Rack.

Sponsored

Stumpy

Black Diamond
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, Black Diamon, 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Valkyrie Off Road

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valkyrieoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would this be able to mount an 11ft or so Kayak? Or is that to reckless for this? I know the listing on Valkaries website lists it as a possibility

Our full rack would be more suited for that long of an object to stabilize it properly and make it so you don't have to have so much hanging off the back.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thule makes, or used to make, a foot pack and track system for attaching to the top of vans and truck caps. It's an aluminum 'C' channel extrusion that uses blind fasteners to attach to either side of the top of the vehicle. The foot pack rides on the channels and had a quick disconnect so the bars could be taken on and off easily. I used it on a 3 door Toyota Yaris so I could get a wider spread and it worked great. Put it on in 2010, sold the car in 2019. Carried bikes, kayaks, four or five surfboards at a time, including a 12' pop-out. Drove like an idiot, 80-85 on the highway. Never leaked.

Requires drilling through the roof though which may not work with the MIC top. I haven't seen one in person.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would like to see a profile picture of these racks and how do they tighten up on the top itself?
I ordered a set last week - waiting on them to be delivered. I'll do a full write-up thread on here when I get them hopefully this week/next.
Sponsored