Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
EV-HY
Well worth it IMO
Yep. Hybrid EV is where it is at. Won't buy (will lease) until they have one.
An overnight charge for even 40 miles would give me 80% of my weekday driving "free" of Petrol.

As long as I can merge on the highway and take a reasonable pace down woods roads, the overall weight does not matter.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

EV-HY

Yep. Hybrid EV is where it is at. Won't buy (will lease) until they have one.
An overnight charge for even 40 miles would give me 80% of my weekday driving "free" of Petrol.

As long as I can merge on the highway and take a reasonable pace down woods roads, the overall weight does not matter.
The Rav-4 Prime could handle that.

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Honda Civic Si, '20 Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm personally not interested in a hybrid yet (unless the decreased fuel cost significantly decreases the total cost of ownership through its intended life cycle), but I work in fleet for a company which requires frequent off road use of our vehicles, and our senior management really wants to progress to hybrid and electric vehicles being more incorporated into the fleet...so I could definitely see interest there even if that interest is limited by the Bronco's inability to carry a lot equipment (as opposed to large trucks).

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really wanted a hybrid for first 35 mph of power. I have a Ford company car that does that and its great. A tank of fuel last a month in city driving. After 35mph, then engine kicks in.

But, after doing some research, it appears Lithium Ion capabilities have peaked. Most R&D now is in hydogen cells. So, even if I got a hybrid Bronco using Lithium, it would likely be outdated with newer tech in a few short years.

Hydro is already in use in some limited markets. I know there's zero chance of Ford producing the Bronco as a hydro cell tech vehicle. So, I'll stick to a traditional ICE (internal combustion engine) for my order... and stop trying to chase technology.

BTW, and unrelated: I saw a study that proved as more peeps move to hybrid, the price of fuel will actually go down. (as demand goes down, so does price) So, things are actually looking pretty good for a traditional ICE powered vehicle.

Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before he left laj.tuxmek said not at least until 2023 MY. I’m not waiting and sticking with my reservation now
That is helpful thank you.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is helpful thank you.
If the terms are favorable maybe lease? Then you can jump right into a PHEV when it comes out. I may go this route as well.

IIRC he said they thought they needed a hybrid to meet cafe but they were able to do it without it so they delayed

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If the terms are favorable maybe lease? Then you can jump right into a PHEV when it comes out. I may go this route as well.

IIRC he said they thought they needed a hybrid to meet cafe but they were able to do it without it so they delayed
The Hybrid Program was on, off again, to on again during development. Given what happened with COVID and how that impacted everything, I'd expect it not to hit til 2022CY at the earliest.

The Warthog might get it first, but a Hybrid for the "Masses" won't come till later.

From what I understand, most cars (from all makes) outside of very cheap products, will have some form of Hybrid just to meet Co2 regulations, not MPG concerns Post 2025 world wide. Might be a 42 volt mild hybrid or something more complex like the Escape Hybrid or even PHEV style Hybirds.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hybrid Program was on, off again, to on again during development. Given what happened with COVID and how that impacted everything, I'd expect it not to hit til 2022CY at the earliest.

The Warthog might get it first, but a Hybrid for the "Masses" won't come till later.

From what I understand, most cars (from all makes) outside of very cheap products, will have some form of Hybrid just to meet Co2 regulations, not MPG concerns Post 2025 world wide. Might be a 42 volt mild hybrid or something more complex like the Escape Hybrid or even PHEV style Hybirds.
Thanks man, you I’m definitely not waiting any longer
Sponsored