PabstG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last week, I left work and turned out of the parking lot and the turn signal indicator was flashing rapidly as if the light was out. Got home and realized that it was not only the turn signal light, but also the headlight (both on the driver side front). Took to the dealership Tuesday and was told after three hours that there was a short in the headlight assembly and will have to be replaced. I was told it will only take 1-2 days to get the part in, but we will see. Had to leave the car at the dealership because they had to take the grill off and it was not easily accessible. Not as simple as popping off the lights and putting LEDs on my old Jeep!

Anyone else have a similar issue? I haven't seen anything about this, so assume I'm just unlucky. 4dr Badlands, got in mid-Sept. ~3k miles.
Sponsored

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Watching...if only to see how long it actually takes!

OP
OP

PabstG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: Ford sent the Headlight assembly to the dealership (arrived this morning), but the control unit was not included. Apparently the control unit is not a separate part number for the dealership to order, but was not included when the assembly was ordered. The original control unit had wiring pinched together and is completely burned out/unusable. ETA on control unit is 2/14 unless they can find a dealership with an available part. Dealership is putting car back together for me to pick up so it doesn't sit on lot outside for the next few weeks, but isn't much good to me until it is fixed.

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was the issue ever fixed ?