Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for putting up the comparison. I moved from a 2010 SCAB to a 2014 SCREW as my daily driver and will give the SCREW some down time as the BD Bronco becomes the new daily driver once it arrives. At just under 100K miles I'm trying to decide whether to overhaul the engine and put on a Super Charger or just leave it stock.
I've been wondering how they would compare. The Raptor suspension is great off road, and it simply ignores the poor road surfaces here along areas of the east coast. It's been a fun great family toy and an amazing daily driver. I'm hoping the Bronco will be nearly as comfortable on the crappy roads I get to enjoy.

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live just south of Silver Lake Sand Dunes! That place is incredible!
Nice! Once I get mine whenever that maybe ill meet up with ya at the dunes!

Sponsored
OP
OP

CASM920

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for putting up the comparison. I moved from a 2010 SCAB to a 2014 SCREW as my daily driver and will give the SCREW some down time as the BD Bronco becomes the new daily driver once it arrives. At just under 100K miles I'm trying to decide whether to overhaul the engine and put on a Super Charger or just leave it stock.
I've been wondering how they would compare. The Raptor suspension is great off road, and it simply ignores the poor road surfaces here along areas of the east coast. It's been a fun great family toy and an amazing daily driver. I'm hoping the Bronco will be nearly as comfortable on the crappy roads I get to enjoy.
I agree with you on the Raptor ride on the street, it laughs at poor road surfaces. I find the Bronco on the street to be firmer, at times a little unsettled but not unpleasantly so, think expansion joints smaller potholes. Considering how the Bronco was on the street I was pleasantly surprised on how it sucks up most things off road with ease. If I'm taking a longer road trip, for now I'm still choosing the Raptor, the ride is plush and it's quieter than my soft top Bronco!

Tough call on the supercharging, i see plenty of guys with trucks SC'd day 1 and now they have 100K plus going strong.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear you and again, I really appreciate you posting up the comparison. It is exactly where I find myself with the two vehicles both being options once my BD arrives.
Unfortunately for my travel, I can't always take the truck. It doesn't fit in all the parking garages I deal with (airport, some hotels). But it is definitely the preferred ride for long distance comfort.
That said, I think the Bronco will be new enough I'll ignore what sounds like a slightly rougher ride for a while.
If I can make the Raptor work, I can still take it. On paper the mpg is nearly the same between a stock Raptor and the BD Bronco so I'm missing nothing there.
The SC is more, do I want to give it up for a couple of weeks to someone like Roush. I have faith in their set up and don't doubt it will run for a long time once they go through it and upgrade everything.