First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After 5-weeks of ownership I finally had the time in my schedule to take my Bronco out to play. Prior to this I’ve been comparing road manners between my Gen 1 2013 SCREW Raptor and the Bronco and the Raptor was winning! Well that all changed this last weekend. I headed out to Anza Borrego/Ocotillo Wells to run some very familiar trails to compare performance between the two vehicles.

After airing down to 25lbs I began ripping down washes with the Bronco sucking up the washboard chatter easily matching speeds I run at with the Raptor. Coming into whoops and bumps is where the two began to differ but not as widely as you may think. The Bronco easily mobbed through the rough at I would call a spirited pace but with an overall more composed chassis.

The Raptor on the other hand at the same pace would be rougher and really likes to be pushed past most peoples comfort level. In the slow no surprise here, Bronco destroys the Raptor not worth commenting on much beyond that.

Now where I was really impressed was in the dunes, the Bronco was literally point and stab the throttle and she’d go and due whatever I asked, I couldn’t be more satisfied tearing around the dunes with a grin on my face. My end consensus is the Bronco feels like a off-road purpose built vehicle where as my Gen 1 Raptor more of a road vehicle adapted for off-road (which it is). I have no comparison for a Gen 2 or Gen 3 Raptor which I would imagine is amazing.

Ford Bronco Bronco off-road vs Gen 1 Raptor from an owner's perspective B90FCBC5-8AC1-451E-99EA-F31A6C63D10D

Ford Bronco Bronco off-road vs Gen 1 Raptor from an owner's perspective 7258A692-ECD5-4C84-B02F-1935BD9640AF

Ford Bronco Bronco off-road vs Gen 1 Raptor from an owner's perspective 7261BC7A-9A9B-41A8-9A64-E9F2913CE1C7
Sponsored

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love these stories, I was able to do the off-roadeo in Austin. Although when I was there they had just had a huge rain storm and we had to do a lot of obstacles instead of fast driving around a track of some sort. I live in Michigan and we have a huge Sand Dune area up north that I will be spending lots of my own time at enjoying by bronco whenever that b*tch arrives..... I cannot wait and hopefully I will have it for next summer!

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the glory pics!
great to hear the comparison too!
The gen 1 raptor is my favorite and no lie i've looked into them as I've been pulling my hair out waiting for my bronco lol.
Hey gentlemanbronco,
Luckily, you have a lot of hair to pull out...

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you get the raptor like steps from? A Raptor Ranger? I wish Ford gave those steps as an option for the 2 dr Bronco. I have them on my F250 Tremor and love them.

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 5-weeks of ownership I finally had the time in my schedule to take my Bronco out to play. Prior to this I’ve been comparing road manners between my Gen 1 2013 SCREW Raptor and the Bronco and the Raptor was winning! Well that all changed this last weekend. I headed out to Anza Borrego/Ocotillo Wells to run some very familiar trails to compare performance between the two vehicles.

After airing down to 25lbs I began ripping down washes with the Bronco sucking up the washboard chatter easily matching speeds I run at with the Raptor. Coming into whoops and bumps is where the two began to differ but not as widely as you may think. The Bronco easily mobbed through the rough at I would call a spirited pace but with an overall more composed chassis.

The Raptor on the other hand at the same pace would be rougher and really likes to be pushed past most peoples comfort level. In the slow no surprise here, Bronco destroys the Raptor not worth commenting on much beyond that.

Now where I was really impressed was in the dunes, the Bronco was literally point and stab the throttle and she’d go and due whatever I asked, I couldn’t be more satisfied tearing around the dunes with a grin on my face. My end consensus is the Bronco feels like a off-road purpose built vehicle where as my Gen 1 Raptor more of a road vehicle adapted for off-road (which it is). I have no comparison for a Gen 2 or Gen 3 Raptor which I would imagine is amazing.

Ford Bronco Bronco off-road vs Gen 1 Raptor from an owner's perspective 7261BC7A-9A9B-41A8-9A64-E9F2913CE1C7

I was doing the same thing you were this weekend in Anza Borrego - loved it!!!

IMG_1123.jpeg

OP
OP

CASM920

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you get the raptor like steps from? A Raptor Ranger? I wish Ford gave those steps as an option for the 2 dr Bronco. I have them on my F250 Tremor and love them.
Those are the GoRhino RB20 running boards. I needed to do something to protect the rockers from all the gravel and rocks! You definitely hear all the rocks pinging off of them when at speed.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is my exact build and it is a beauty

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm gonna compare my wildtrak when it comes to my gen 1 which is slightly built, eibachs, bumpstops, deavers and probably 37s by the time the bronco comes. I don't have as much extreme terrain but I do know how to send it pretty hard and will try to get some comparison videos, even on some jumps.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Those are the GoRhino RB20 running boards. I needed to do something to protect the rockers from all the gravel and rocks! You definitely hear all the rocks pinging off of them when at speed.
Which finish did you get, the textured black or the Bedliner coating?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In comparison to gen 2 Raptor and bronco Badlands at off rodeo the bronco makes off roading way too easy. It’s almost like driving in a video game and that’s with me choosing to keep most of the modes off to really see what bronco was capable of. Gen 2 Raptor was great off roading but same like gen 1 in that some stuff can seem uneasy even though it’s capable of a lot lot more than most would think.

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love these stories, I was able to do the off-roadeo in Austin. Although when I was there they had just had a huge rain storm and we had to do a lot of obstacles instead of fast driving around a track of some sort. I live in Michigan and we have a huge Sand Dune area up north that I will be spending lots of my own time at enjoying by bronco whenever that b*tch arrives..... I cannot wait and hopefully I will have it for next summer!
I live just south of Silver Lake Sand Dunes! That place is incredible!
Sponsored