BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the schedule says this goes till about 7pm but is there a dinner or somethign at the end of the day keeping it that late?
There is a buffet style dinner inside, then a "campfire" outside. We didn't stick around for the campfire because we had to drive about an hour back to our campsite before it got completely dark.
Sponsored

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a buffet style dinner inside, then a "campfire" outside. We didn't stick around for the campfire because we had to drive about an hour back to our campsite before it got completely dark.
What time did you get done with skipping out on those items? I am staying a bit away and want to also leave a bit early if able.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be in Moab for the running on 24 June.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When we went, we stayed for the campfire and were there til almost 10pm and still had to drive into Moab. But it was worth it! It's a great time to not only shoot the shit with the guides, but you can really pick their brains and learn some things you just don't have time for during the actual offroad portion...

Sponsored

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Moto26 Yeah I totally wanted to stay but I was camping in a cow field that was 35 minutes north of Moab itself and 10 miles of clay rutted road in an RV. Was originally gonna stay at Red Cliffs Friday night but the $2,400 single night room charge was just a bit more than I wanted to pay.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Moto26 Yeah I totally wanted to stay but I was camping in a cow field that was 35 minutes north of Moab itself and 10 miles of clay rutted road in an RV. Was originally gonna stay at Red Cliffs Friday night but the $2,400 single night room charge was just a bit more than I wanted to pay.
Yeah, Red Cliffs looked nice, but not that nice! 🤑

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got in at a decent price.

drmdwebb

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Wildtrak in Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question:

I am experienced in rock crawling (I used to own a custom Suzuki Samurai) and side-by-side (I own a Kawasaki KRX 1000) riding in Moab. I've ridden about 15 different trails and trail systems over several years at Moab. I've also driven (SxS) in Ouray, CO and Central and Northern Utah.

So, the question: would it be worth it to me to do the Moab Roadeo in my Bronco? I'm fairly familiar with rock-crawling driving techniques, recovery techniques, and the 4x4 capabilities of the Bronco, but I haven't done any yet in it (it's only a few weeks old).

So, should I do the Roadeo, or just rely on my experience?

jolutter

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question:

I am experienced in rock crawling (I used to own a custom Suzuki Samurai) and side-by-side (I own a Kawasaki KRX 1000) riding in Moab. I've ridden about 15 different trails and trail systems over several years at Moab. I've also driven (SxS) in Ouray, CO and Central and Northern Utah.

So, the question: would it be worth it to me to do the Moab Roadeo in my Bronco? I'm fairly familiar with rock-crawling driving techniques, recovery techniques, and the 4x4 capabilities of the Bronco, but I haven't done any yet in it (it's only a few weeks old).

So, should I do the Roadeo, or just rely on my experience?
We were at the Moab event this past weekend. Our guide focused more on making you a good offroad driver, really didn't want to add any buttons/features, until you knew how to make it through something without it. Then it was followed by oh, but you could have used this button to make it easier etc. I believe the people with zero experience left him with better knowledge than saying here press this button here use this trail cruise control to get through anything. If he did it that way, no one could go to a samurai or a sxs with any confidence.

But that being said it did feel like my "motorcycle training course" i took forever ago. They simplify everything so the townie can keep up and not feel overwhelmed.

IMO if you're close, and can attend it pretty cheaply, go for it, its a fun experience. If it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg, you may feel like you'd be better off still doing your own thing, with your buddies, etc.
Sponsored