Moab Off-Roadeo Pictures

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here are some pictures from the Moab Off-Roadeo. These Broncos are smooth over the ground and are plenty capable! Looking forward to my FE, but seeing all the colors make me want to rethink my color maybe!

Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Pictures 2AA3FFCB-C4EB-455A-A4E1-8DCB71560DEB

Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Pictures 6F512EE8-EE32-414C-95DA-E94D0E870D14
Ford Bronco Moab Off-Roadeo Pictures A732E54A-AF00-404B-8D23-FD4D125ED2E2
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did it start already? What else can you tell us?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can't wait.... I recently saw velocity blue on the dealer demo and almost decided to change my color.

But of course with the 2022's they're talking about getting a rid of that color so it's kind of a moot point... Especially since most of us aren't going to see 21 models

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Moab off-roadeo opened today right? Any pics or videos out there yet of what the event is like?

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Moab off-roadeo opened today right? Any pics or videos out there yet of what the event is like?
Here is a short video from one of the obstacles. I love how they didn’t show any of the obstacles from the actual trail on the sneak previews. They are a blast!

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should just comp the off rodeo to anyone still interested in the Bronco since they wont really be available to the masses anytime soon.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! That's my exact build except for the soft top, glad they're doing some more serious terrain than they showed in the "reveal" too.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the sneak peak. I am heading there tomorrow! Will be a good comparison after I rented a locally modified Jeep Rubicon here in Moab for the past couple of days. Jeep had a 3.5" lift and 37" tires so not quite the same although it wasn't the best on road...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So looking forward to this. Less than a month to go for me.

Even if I give up on the Bronco and have to pay for the Rodeo, the $300 is worth the off road learning/experience.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a short video from one of the obstacles. I love how they didn’t show any of the obstacles from the actual trail on the sneak previews. They are a blast!
Nice to see that the Bronco can handle it, but I personally would have taken that section much slower. They call it rock crawling for a reason. I'm always impressed by the videos of people like Loren Healy making hard sections look easy by taking a good line at the perfect speed with appropriate use of lockers as necessary. There is certainly a place and time for using momentum but IMO bashing up ledges at speed risks more damage than it's worth. The accidental horn honk was also telling that perhaps there was too much going on too fast inside and taking it a bit slower would have been a good thing.

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice to see that the Bronco can handle it, but I personally would have taken that section much slower. They call it rock crawling for a reason. I'm always impressed by the videos of people like Loren Healy making hard sections look easy by taking a good line at the perfect speed with appropriate use of lockers as necessary. There is certainly a place and time for using momentum but IMO bashing up ledges at speed risks more damage than it's worth. The accidental horn honk was also telling that perhaps there was too much going on too fast inside and taking it a bit slower would have been a good thing.
This was that dr first off-road adventure. She went from not wanting to go down the obstacles to being WAY more confident. She could have certainly went slower, and typically she was really slow.

We find most horn honking is a result of not keeping both hands on the wheel.

People learn and each obstacle is a learning moment for sure!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good pics and looks fun.
Out of curiosity, what is your current color, and what were you swayed by there to entertain changing to?
Sponsored