Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Sharing some feedback from the September Moab event. Most of the feedback was covered but here are some details.

We had a wonderful time, and it was a hearty introduction to how capable the Bronco is. There were 20 4 door broncos at the site. With Badland trims being 3 to 1 and the remainder being Outerbanks or Wildtraks. I had a race red wildtrak with a hardtop. There were 90% sasquatch packages, and 90% softtops. The instructor ratio was 6 cars to 1 instructor which was sufficient to provide valued instruction while keeping us moving on the trail. The outdoor trail was 8 hours of the event and we used up all of that in driving. While the trail was a 4/10 it was perfect difficulty for people who never offroaded before.

Since everyone has covered the pros of the bronco here are some cons I learned in the 8 hours.

Pros:
No engine envy, hard to know the difference by badge. Engine is sufficient.
Suprised at how low noise v6 was. The mic top didnt rattle, but my wife described the squeaky sound as plastic rubbing together or the sound of your overhead bins vibrating in an airline during turbulence.

Cons:
Splashing into puddles makes the mud splash over the bumper and covers the whole windshield.
Not enough and too small cupholders barely fit a 24oz flask.
Cloth seats in the Wildtrak, not as cool to sit on as marine vinyl, with the mud the carpet floors were too much maintenance.

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo in Moab - my feedback 20210930_174809

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I want to travel around and do each of these (I live on the East Coast). Was there anything that you would have liked more of? Like was there something that was missing or you felt short-changed?

OP
OP
Icypu

Icypu

Everglades
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I want to travel around and do each of these (I live on the East Coast). Was there anything that you would have liked more of? Like was there something that was missing or you felt short-changed?
During the caravan one of the most experienced drivers got his Badlands stuck in park for 10 minutes. I believe playing with the interior controls prior to using would have helped gain familiarity. I thought it was well run and a good missing link for many of us spending money sight unseen. BTW its push for parking brake and pull to release. Dealers are so stingy with these Broncos as far as interior experience time, so $500 is worth it for that alone.

20210930_155616_03.jpg

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, the parking brake will be a learning curve to get used to. Especially if you set it the way they preach, which is correct (but not many do it that way, if at all).

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the review. My wife, son, daughter and I (all 18 +) are headed to Moab on the 18th and will do Rodeo on Wednesday. Excited to do it and to "abuse" (I use that term lightly) their Broncos.

Sponsored

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During the caravan one of the most experienced drivers got his Badlands stuck in park for 10 minutes. I believe playing with the interior controls prior to using would have helped gain familiarity. I thought it was well run and a good missing link for many of us spending money sight unseen. BTW its push for parking brake and pull to release. Dealers are so stingy with these Broncos as far as interior experience time, so $500 is worth it for that alone.

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo in Moab - my feedback 20210930_155616_03
Seriously. Thank you so much! I may ask for the NE one as a birthday gift while I wait for my baby.

All the best with your Bronco too!

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Were there any 2 door Broncos at this?

OP
OP
Icypu

Icypu

Everglades
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Were there any 2 door Broncos at this?
No 2 doors except one prepro on bricks. I only saw 4 door upper trims.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did all of the participants order 4 doors

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, the parking brake will be a learning curve to get used to. Especially if you set it the way they preach, which is correct (but not many do it that way, if at all).
And what is the way they preach? I have never had a push button parking brake, I would like to do it correct.

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove a 2 door. I had to request it. They had one available when I was there mid Sep

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And what is the way they preach? I have never had a push button parking brake, I would like to do it correct.
Using your foot brake stop the vehicle. With foot brake still applied, gently PULL the switch to engage the parking brakes (you may hear the parking brake motors engage on the rear calipers). Carefully remove your foot off the brake pedal to ensure it is engaged. Slip the transmission into park. To disengage, put vehicle into desires gear. With foot brake applied, PUSH the button in gently to disengage the parking brake. Release brake pedal to travel on.
Sponsored