Sponsored

Bronco Plug and play 1150W RMS amp replacement kit for B&O back in stock!

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, I finally got the system tuned.

So in reviewing the system, I have to say that I am still getting to learn the software, but Fraser was an awesome resource. Without his help, I would not have been able to tune the system so quickly this morning by myself (took me just about 1 hour to individually tune each speaker and then integrate all the tuning in the main EQ).

It sounds amazing... It's balanced, powerful, and crisp. The sound is incredibly clean. While it would likely benefit from larger rear speakers (as opposed to the 4" Morel Maximo Ultra Coax 402 Mk II currently in the rear pods), I could probably make the same argument for every 4 inch speaker in the vehicle.

If there is one discrepancy, it would be the volume difference between using a blue tooth input and the radio. I don't remember the difference being there before (mostly because I don't typically use the radio) and I strongly suspect that this problem is on the Ford side of the equation and not the MoBridge amplifier. It would be a nice feature if the amplifier could mitigate this difference between the gain on the radio and any Bluetooth devices.

While the software wasn't intuitive for me, I am not an audio guy or electrical engineer, it's fairly easy to use once you learn your way around. For tuning the system you will want to invest in a calibrated microphone and download software for acoustic analysis (I used REW and a UMIK-1).

In the end, I am very pleased with the results and the cost of the system. Although I am not an audiophile, engineer, or musician; I highly recommend the MoBridge and Fraser as a typical person who likes good audio quality. This is what the factory should have delivered as a premium sound system.
Glad you got your system tuned!! I gotta get Fraser to help me do that as well! I bought the mic and downloaded the software. I'd invest an hour just to make sure I got everything dialed in correctly!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you got your system tuned!! I gotta get Fraser to help me do that as well! I bought the mic and downloaded the software. I'd invest an hour just to make sure I got everything dialed in correctly!
Let me know if you want my rax file, I would be happy to email it to you. I have Morel Maximo Ultra Coax Mk II 402's/602's with a Kicker 48TRTP122 subwoofer.

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the offer but I actually started with the file Fraser supplied as I’m closer to their set up used to test… The starting file he gave is actually quite good for my setup ( components up front, 6.5 in rear , 12” sub on tailgate) but I’m curious what would get tweaked if I did a full sound config!!

OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy to give you a hand, just let me know when suits you!

OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
**Further 2 door owner update**
@Rat Has just finished installing a Stealth box and our amp in a 2 door and it doesn't fit without modification. :(

It looks like the easiest way to go about mounting our amp in the 2 door is with a bracket like the MTI one and removal of the factory sub box all together.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
**Further 2 door owner update**
@Rat Has just finished installing a Stealth box and our amp in a 2 door and it doesn't fit without modification. :(

It looks like the easiest way to go about mounting our amp in the 2 door is with a bracket like the MTI one and removal of the factory sub box all together.
Ya, the factory sub box is a no go, but seriously, it's not worth keeping. I also have a 2 door, I am still using the MoBridge mount but I mounted it where the sub-box used to live. I still had to modify the panel a bit to make it fit well.

My system sounds so much better... I was listening to some Metallica (Blackened) this morning and the sound was just out of this world, especially when you hear the bass drum, sounds like you're in the room with it.

I really don't want to remember how it sounded before I made the jump. Worth every penny.

OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all,

I have just finished off some software that changes the behaviour of the bass control in the headunit. This now sets the subwoofer gain instead of just applying a bass increase in the master gain, which just applies to your woofer channels.

This is basically as close as youll get to a "sub woofer bass knob"

Email me if you want a copy of the firmware to try it out.

[email protected]

Jbcaindo

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll have a stock + jl stealth box calibration file available in the next couple days.

Jbcaindo

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been contemplating how to or who to go-to for an upgrade to your lackluster B&O system? Here's a LIMITED time offer to save a bunch of money...

We have teamed up with mObrdige to offer FREE INSTALLATION of their new all-in-one amp+dsp along with a JL 10" Stealth box , MTI 10/12/15" swing gate or Stinger 12" swing gate sub enclosure and basic back floor sound deadening.

This offer also includes a FREE TUNE utilizing JL Audio's MAX 5 mic RTA system.

There will also be deep discounts if you choose to upgrade any or ALL of the rest of the B&O speakers at the same time.

Rear pod enclosures can also be added in from MTI or SSV to gain a more solid foundation below 120hz.

A couple of the broncos we've done can be found here. Mild, to WILD.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...blam-helix-mobridge-sgs-jl-resonix-mti.83082/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mobridge-all-in-one-amp-dsp-jl-stealth-box.83129/

Feel free to PM me here or Text me @ 9138903647
Thanks,
Jon

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Shoutout to Mobridge!

I installed the Mobridge in my B&O Braptor Friday. I'm a JL fan so I went with the C2's everywhere but the center channel and sub.

Mobridge made the factor sub sound much better but it's too powerful cause it's popping. That will be updated soon but its fine at lower (wife acceptable) levels. Ticking in the factory center channel but that will be either updated or disconnected.

Installation was easy, save yourself some time and just remove the AC controls unless you have doll hands.

It's expensive but its an amp and dsp in one. A quality DSP/Amp will run about the same cost but you will still need a module between the Bronco system and your amp. Mobridge eliminates that plus it's very do it yourself so you can save on install labor no to mention this eliminates the stock amp. So, you grab an molested free signal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shoutout to Mobridge!

I installed the Mobridge in my B&O Braptor Friday. I'm a JL fan so I went with the C2's everywhere but the center channel and sub.

Mobridge made the factor sub sound much better but it's too powerful cause it's popping. That will be updated soon but its fine at lower (wife acceptable) levels. Ticking in the factory center channel but that will be either updated or disconnected.

Installation was easy, save yourself some time and just remove the AC controls unless you have doll hands.

It's expensive but its an amp and dsp in one. A quality DSP/Amp will run about the same cost but you will still need a module between the Bronco system and your amp. Mobridge eliminates that plus it's very do it yourself so you can save on install labor no to mention this eliminates the stock amp. So, you grab an molested free signal.
Thank you for the kind words!

The ticking in the center channel is actually an introduced bug in the latest 4.1 software. This should be fixed in 4.2 which will be released by the end of the week!

OP
OP
mObridge

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all,

For those following this thread and are waiting for our Black Friday sale, we have decided we will run a small coupon for the month. Send me an email and I will give you the deal if interested.

[email protected]

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all,

For those following this thread and are waiting for our Black Friday sale, we have decided we will run a small coupon for the month. Send me an email and I will give you the deal if interested.

[email protected]
Fraser/@mObridge - would you guys be able to provide a diagram to connect SCV subwoofers? For both 2 and 4 ohms single coil connections?

Thanks a lot!

Braptrr

Raptor
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Braptor, 1998 Panoz AIV
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Been contemplating how to or who to go-to for an upgrade to your lackluster B&O system? Here's a LIMITED time offer to save a bunch of money...

We have teamed up with mObrdige to offer FREE INSTALLATION of their new all-in-one amp+dsp along with a JL 10" Stealth box , MTI 10/12/15" swing gate or Stinger 12" swing gate sub enclosure and basic back floor sound deadening.

This offer also includes a FREE TUNE utilizing JL Audio's MAX 5 mic RTA system.

There will also be deep discounts if you choose to upgrade any or ALL of the rest of the B&O speakers at the same time.

Rear pod enclosures can also be added in from MTI or SSV to gain a more solid foundation below 120hz.

A couple of the broncos we've done can be found here. Mild, to WILD.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...blam-helix-mobridge-sgs-jl-resonix-mti.83082/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mobridge-all-in-one-amp-dsp-jl-stealth-box.83129/

Feel free to PM me here or Text me @ 9138903647
Thanks,
Jon
What shop and area are you located at?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone, added a sub to mobridge? Im trying to add a Jd/1000 to power a 13tw5.

I'm trying to identify the connectors MObridge uses to connect the power and ground. They look like headphones jacks.

Ford Bronco Bronco Plug and play 1150W RMS amp replacement kit for B&O back in stock! IMG_4610.JPG
Sponsored