First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Escape, 1970 Galaxie XL Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually looks fixable barring any frame damage!
thank god your ok!
Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First and foremost, glad you're ok!! Don't know if anyone was in the carseat but that's a sobering pic. A little one would have been well protected but likely gone in another vehicle. Good on the truck driver for admitting guilt since it will likely ruin their career. Shame to see such a nice rig in that state. Usually with insurance you score or get screwed, rarely a happy medium. Hopefully they have good insurance and you have GAP and underinsured just in case. If it were me I would have it totalled and paid off or, if the insurance allows, a replacement off a lot. If your cost to retain the vehicle after the settlement is low I'd buy it back for parts if nothing else or to fix or sell. It sucks now but vehicles, unlike life, can be replaced. It would be cool to retain it and fix it as a spare for offroading and as a 🏆reminder that it saved your life. #FordTough.

Bent1

Outer Banks
First Name
Bent-1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
50 ft is a short distance given speed vehicles involved. That’s the length of most 18 wheeled trailers.

OP
OP
Krieger

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hope you're doing okay, and that you've taken the advice to lawyer up. They may not total it, and that's not really your choice but that of the insurance company. My 2-door wildtrak was hit by a drunk driver 10 days after we picked it up (after a 2 year wait) last July, and they decided to repair it w/$27k in damages. You'll be entitled to diminished value if they do repair it, and then you can decide whether you want to sell it and use the sale + DV to replace.
Might want to pick your brain on that via DM if it comes to it. I've heard so many wildly conflicting answers on what to expect from DV that you might have a solid idea given your vehicle was the closest model to mine. Sorry you know from experience!

First and foremost, glad you're ok!! Don't know if anyone was in the carseat but that's a sobering pic. A little one would have been well protected but likely gone in another vehicle. Good on the truck driver for admitting guilt since it will likely ruin their career. Shame to see such a nice rig in that state. Usually with insurance you score or get screwed, rarely a happy medium. Hopefully they have good insurance and you have GAP and underinsured just in case. If it were me I would have it totalled and paid off or, if the insurance allows, a replacement off a lot. If your cost to retain the vehicle after the settlement is low I'd buy it back for parts if nothing else or to fix or sell. It sucks now but vehicles, unlike life, can be replaced. It would be cool to retain it and fix it as a spare for offroading and as a 🏆reminder that it saved your life. #FordTough.
Thankfully my little girl wasn't with me that day. Agree she'd likely have been fine, but showered with glass and terrified of car rides to say the least. Definitely don't see an outcome where I am made whole here but just letting the process play out and we'll see where it ends up. I'm tired of pulling my hair out over it. Currently the car that never spent a night out of the garage is sitting in a dirt lot with a busted window in a torrential downpour while insurance drags their feet.

As for the buyback- I do get first dibs but apparently they get prices via auction first so I'm sure whatever price they come to won't be worth while to keep it. Would definitely be a cool trophy!

50 ft is a short distance given speed vehicles involved. That’s the length of most 18 wheeled trailers.
I mentioned it in another comment - but I have no idea how accurate that distance was- mostly just what it felt like and looking at the skid marks from pictures. I do know those brakes work incredibly, even with the loss of two tires 😵💫

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Might want to pick your brain on that via DM if it comes to it. I've heard so many wildly conflicting answers on what to expect from DV that you might have a solid idea given your vehicle was the closest model to mine. Sorry you know from experience!

Thankfully my little girl wasn't with me that day. Agree she'd likely have been fine, but showered with glass and terrified of car rides to say the least. Definitely don't see an outcome where I am made whole here but just letting the process play out and we'll see where it ends up. I'm tired of pulling my hair out over it. Currently the car that never spent a night out of the garage is sitting in a dirt lot with a busted window in a torrential downpour while insurance drags their feet.

As for the buyback- I do get first dibs but apparently they get prices via auction first so I'm sure whatever price they come to won't be worth while to keep it. Would definitely be a cool trophy!

I mentioned it in another comment - but I have no idea how accurate that distance was- mostly just what it felt like and looking at the skid marks from pictures. I do know those brakes work incredibly, even with the loss of two tires 😵💫
I don't know your state, but I'm almost certain that you're entitled to loss of value (legal term for diminished value in my state) but they likely won't offer it you will need to press or if your insurance is helping you have them press for it. My son recently got hit by an uninsured driver but since we had uninsured coverage, they automatically evaluated loss of value for us without us even asking.

Sponsored

Rhinomanj

Raptor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First, so glad you are all safe. A note to all (learned this the hard way), when your car is in a wreck, you must sue for decreased trade in value as part of the settlement NO MATTER how small the damage. You will get dinged on the value when they CarFax your VIN.

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad you are ok, OP.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was also involved in an accident with the bronco (other party at fault). Damages came out to 20k. Would love to know what you end up doing for DV claim (or what others have done and any tips)

OP
OP
Krieger

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Glad you are ok, OP.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was also involved in an accident with the bronco (other party at fault). Damages came out to 20k. Would love to know what you end up doing for DV claim (or what others have done and any tips)
My insurance has only JUST moved the car to the appraiser lot, after almost 3 weeks of sitting in the elements with a busted window. I'm beyond livid.

Originally, they were leaning heavily towards totaling it due to the fact that all the dealerships were telling them it would take a minimum of a year for parts. Now I have no idea which way they are leaning since the independent appraiser made it out yesterday.

I will definitely keep you posted, I'm trying to figure out this process as well. The DV claim is what scares me because it seems like a lot of that is up for interpretation between you and the insurance and it's almost impossible to come out on top. I'm curious if your insurance has given you a timeline for how long it's going to take to repair yours?

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My insurance has only JUST moved the car to the appraiser lot, after almost 3 weeks of sitting in the elements with a busted window. I'm beyond livid.

Originally, they were leaning heavily towards totaling it due to the fact that all the dealerships were telling them it would take a minimum of a year for parts. Now I have no idea which way they are leaning since the independent appraiser made it out yesterday.

I will definitely keep you posted, I'm trying to figure out this process as well. The DV claim is what scares me because it seems like a lot of that is up for interpretation between you and the insurance and it's almost impossible to come out on top. I'm curious if your insurance has given you a timeline for how long it's going to take to repair yours?
Wow 3 weeks is a long time. My vehicle was taken to an auto shop over the weekend. It's been there for about a month now. Though I don't think there was a risk for totaling my vehicle - the airbags did not go off for me.

What I'm guessing is that your insurance looked at the value of a comparable Braptor and saw that it's well over MSRP. Figured it would be cheaper for them to repair it than total it out (which is bogus). In the meanwhile, if you have the police report that determines fault, you can get the other party's insurance to pay for a comparable rental.

Sorry you're going through this, I hope you get your issue resolved quickly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Krieger

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wow 3 weeks is a long time. My vehicle was taken to an auto shop over the weekend. It's been there for about a month now. Though I don't think there was a risk for totaling my vehicle - the airbags did not go off for me.

What I'm guessing is that your insurance looked at the value of a comparable Braptor and saw that it's well over MSRP. Figured it would be cheaper for them to repair it than total it out (which is bogus). In the meanwhile, if you have the police report that determines fault, you can get the other party's insurance to pay for a comparable rental.

Sorry you're going through this, I hope you get your issue resolved quickly.
Agreed. I think they saw that price and said "never mind" lol... As far as the rental yeah I have a video as well as the police report. The problem is that "comparable" seems to be a very subjective term when it comes to a rental car. Going to be a long several months ahead of me.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What is the deal with Ford still having supply chain problems with their parts suppliers? We’re almost to 4Q23, wtf.

OP
OP
Krieger

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To anyone still reading- the car is not totaled.

Feel free to send me your best body shops in the Northern Virginia area!
Sponsored