Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess if i have a wildtrack with Hoss 3.0, i can use this one? isnt the steering rack is the same ? or the rods change? anyone

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is not really related so I apologize in advance so if the hoss 3 is coming on the wild trak does that mean it is getting those big afterthout called flares like the raptor and is it getting the cross bars inside for the roll cage

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the wildtrak with Hoss 3.0 equipped Bronco 10 inches wider than the Wild trak with the 2.0? If it is not it probably means it does not have the long travel arms like the raptor and would then probably have different tie rods

Sponsored
OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco, 21 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess if i have a wildtrack with Hoss 3.0, i can use this one? isnt the steering rack is the same ? or the rods change? anyone
you would need the standard bronco tie rod kit for that. The Bronco Raptor version are about 3" longer then the standard bronco version. we make both kits.

here is the link to the billet tie rod kit for the regular bronco. look the same in pictures but that link will get you the correct length tie rod.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...ories/products/2021-bronco-billet-tie-rod-kit

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you all my questions answered on this topic.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you would need the standard bronco tie rod kit for that. The Bronco Raptor version are about 3" longer then the standard bronco version. we make both kits.

here is the link to the billet tie rod kit for the regular bronco. look the same in pictures but that link will get you the correct length tie rod.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...ories/products/2021-bronco-billet-tie-rod-kit
ok Perfect, yeah so the correct answer is they both share the steering rack, BUT differente Tie rod, make complete sense now.

Thanks !

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My question is not really related so I apologize in advance so if the hoss 3 is coming on the wild trak does that mean it is getting those big afterthout called flares like the raptor and is it getting the cross bars inside for the roll cage
no

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Bronco Raptor full billet tie rod kit is all done and ready to go. We have some in stock now in raw aluminum and some kits out getting anodized in a few colors. Fox Orange, Black, Blue if anyone wants those. We can do custom colors too if you want. Just let us know what you need.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...nco/products/bronco-raptor-billet-tie-rod-kit

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Billet Tie Rod Kit by Foutz Motorsports WhatsApp Image 2022-11-04 at 12.47.52 PM
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Billet Tie Rod Kit by Foutz Motorsports WhatsApp Image 2022-11-04 at 12.47.52 PM
ALUMINUM???? Even if this was heat treated 7000 series aluminum… it has the strength of mild steel….

Seriously…this is DOT approved….????

If so my hat is off to you… I not your going to kill someone!!!!
bad idea…

racing is one thing …. Those parts are swapped out continuously….but parts for a street car are something else….

You guys should know better!!!

OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ALUMINUM???? Even if this was heat treated 7000 series aluminum… it has the strength of mild steel….

Seriously…this is DOT approved….????

If so my hat is off to you… I not your going to kill someone!!!!
bad idea…

racing is one thing …. Those parts are swapped out continuously….but parts for a street car are something else….

You guys should know better!!!
With all due respect, we have run these billet tie rods on raptors for years with no problems. they are more durable then the stock ones. You are entitled to your opinion obviously.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea… over Twenty years working g in a DOE/ University of CA/LBNL Material Science Laboratory and a decade or so of Racing fabrication ….might give “my opinion” some credibility!!!!

IMO I respect you and your business!!!

I’ve just been involved in enough Failure Analysis law suits to realized what is at stake for you!!!!

You don’t deserve to lose everything you have work so hard to attain just because it is easier to machine aluminum.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree why would you use aluminum in this application, cheaper to produce, easier on the production machines?

OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yea… over Twenty years working g in a DOE/ University of CA/LBNL Material Science Laboratory and a decade or so of Racing fabrication ….might give “my opinion” some credibility!!!!

IMO I respect you and your business!!!

I’ve just been involved in enough Failure Analysis law suits to realized what is at stake for you!!!!

You don’t deserve to lose everything you have work so hard to attain just because it is easier to machine aluminum.

I hope this makes sense.
the size of the parts have some relativity on these. The inside rod ends are 3/4" thread and the outer rod ends are 7/8" so the main body of the tie rod is much larger than the stock or similar parts. We have been using the billet aluminum tie rods on the heavy trucks for years with great success. Including our race trucks. I appreciate the concern and none of us ever want dumb legal problems for sure so thank you for explaining more.

This video is from a clip of testing in our Trophy Truck Spec truck with a similar tie rod.

Sponsored