Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still sounds like a Honda Boyz ride to me. I'll pass.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's not a V-8, it needs to stay quiet..
I think a continuation of the 4.9 I6* from Ford would have been perfect. Hell, turbo it if you want. There is no shortage of videos you can look at to hear the basic sound or with any muffler you chose, but an inline 6 sounds a whole bunch better than a V6 in addittion to being a better design for longevity (harder to package though). (I've owned V4, inline 4, V6, inline 6, V8, and V12. Inline 6 might be my favorite)

Still sounds like a Honda Boyz ride to me. I'll pass.
Honda did 'okay' with the inline 6 sound in motorcycles back in my day...

(*perhaps reduced in displacement)

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think a continuation of the 4.9 I6* from Ford would have been perfect. Hell, turbo it if you want. There is no shortage of videos you can look at to hear the basic sound or with any muffler you chose, but an inline 6 sounds a whole bunch better than a V6 in addittion to being a better design for longevity (harder to package though). (I've owned V4, inline 4, V6, inline 6, V8, and V12. Inline 6 might be my favorite)

4.9 all the way, you could tear up an F150 with that since that engine would pull more than the truck was built for.

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a V65 Magna back in my youth and I still own a Yamaha V-Max and a Suzuki B-King. Large CC in-line and V-4 motorcycles are music to my ears (Harley's not so much). Motorcycles are obviously exempt from my comment, LOL.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snooooore. I had an LS3 swap in my wrangler that sounded great. just cant get the sound with these ecoboost

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if people do nothing but nuthug companies you get stuff like the new blazer
Except we didn't get a Blazer and its getting a 6 with more power than most companies v8 offerings.... this is nothing like that. Just trying to remind people to keep perspective.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except we didn't get a Blazer and its getting a 6 with more power than most companies v8 offerings.... this is nothing like that. Just trying to remind people to keep perspective.
the raptor bronco is completely disconnected from what the people who want to spend a premium on an off road vehicle want (and we are already spending a premium on the normal one)

a 3.0 liter hybrid engine for a truck that people want to do hardcore offroading in is stupid and insulting. If ford cant do it because of the EPA that isnt our problem as customers , its their problem for not lobbying the government for a carveout. They are ford.

People are doing coyote swaps in the ranger. It can work

The problem isnt us , its not the platofrm , its ford . who by the way just unveiled a 200k limited production v8 bronco that nobody can buy

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
don’t buy it … it is really that simple

the raptor bronco is completely disconnected from what the people who want to spend a premium on an off road vehicle want (and we are already spending a premium on the normal one)

a 3.0 liter hybrid engine for a truck that people want to do hardcore offroading in is stupid and insulting. If ford cant do it because of the EPA that isnt our problem as customers , its their problem for not lobbying the government for a carveout. They are ford.

People are doing coyote swaps in the ranger. It can work

The problem isnt us , its not the platofrm , its ford . who by the way just unveiled a 200k limited production v8 bronco that nobody can buy
Sponsored