Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting hung up or smacking the lower arm bracket for your rear lower links offroad? Foutz has released their new lower arm frame guard skid for the Bronco Raptor with replaceable HDPE plastic to help prevent being hung up and dragging over rocks as it allows for less resistance and therefore allows the skid to slide more easily than a steel skid. Those of you actually taking your Braptor off pavement know how much of a necessity this item is! The Foutz skid works for all 4dr BRaptors, but not the standard Bronco, and depending on the aftermarket skid you have, tweaking or modifying the skid (one or the other) may need to be done. Also due to the factory location of the gas tank, dropping the tank or replacing the bolt may be required to install this kit, fairly normal as this has been the same procedure for Raptor leaf's for years. This kit is 100% bolt on, with no drilling necessary making it go on fairly easy. Who already has this kit ordered or on their Braptor?? Anyone brave enough to already have trail marks on them?

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Lower Arm Frame Guard w/ HDPE 1697727256681
Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Need one for my FE Bronco

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am confused (which is pretty darn easy) Do they now have two kits, a Braptor version and a Non braptor? What about the regular broncos with and without the factory "skid"?

OP
OP
Offroadalliance

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am confused (which is pretty darn easy) Do they now have two kits, a Braptor version and a Non braptor? What about the regular broncos with and without the factory "skid"?
Foutz offers a Non-Raptor Bronco skid for this application and a Bronco Raptor specific kit. I dont know the exact specifics, if its angles or what, but the bracket itself is different between the Raptor and nonR models for the Bronco so there are two different kits.

Need one for my FE Bronco
Let me know and ill get you an invoice sent over ;-)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Offroadalliance

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to knock the product, but shouldnt foutz use UHMV instead of HDPE?
UHMV is almost 2-4x as expensive as HDPE. for something that will take these impacts and need replacing either way, the HDPE is just to keep the replacement cost down and make the replacements affordable. With the bashing thats going on, the UHMV isnt indestructible and the harness/tensile strength between the two are almost the same (yes UHMV is stronger and will hold up to impacts/abrasion better). My guess would be all comes down to cost and cost to consumer

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
UHMV is almost 2-4x as expensive as HDPE. for something that will take these impacts and need replacing either way, the HDPE is just to keep the replacement cost down and make the replacements affordable. With the bashing thats going on, the UHMV isnt indestructible and the harness/tensile strength between the two are almost the same (yes UHMV is stronger and will hold up to impacts/abrasion better). My guess would be all comes down to cost and cost to consumer
Cost was going to be my guess. Thank you.

Huntingbigun

Raptor
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 4x4, 98 Ls Tj on tons
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Getting hung up or smacking the lower arm bracket for your rear lower links offroad? Foutz has released their new lower arm frame guard skid for the Bronco Raptor with replaceable HDPE plastic to help prevent being hung up and dragging over rocks as it allows for less resistance and therefore allows the skid to slide more easily than a steel skid. Those of you actually taking your Braptor off pavement know how much of a necessity this item is! The Foutz skid works for all 4dr BRaptors, but not the standard Bronco, and depending on the aftermarket skid you have, tweaking or modifying the skid (one or the other) may need to be done. Also due to the factory location of the gas tank, dropping the tank or replacing the bolt may be required to install this kit, fairly normal as this has been the same procedure for Raptor leaf's for years. This kit is 100% bolt on, with no drilling necessary making it go on fairly easy. Who already has this kit ordered or on their Braptor?? Anyone brave enough to already have trail marks on them?

1697727256681.png
Cannot

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Lower Arm Frame Guard w/ HDPE 1697727256681
Cannot wait for mine to come in, you guys been great and free shipping with skid plates sealed the deal for me
Thanks

OP
OP
Offroadalliance

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cannot

Cannot wait for mine to come in, you guys been great and free shipping with skid plates sealed the deal for me
Thanks
Thank you for the shoutout! Were happy you chose us and we wont let you down!
Sponsored