Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Tailgate/Spare Tire Enforced Accessory Mounts.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone come across products to use on the accessory holes for the tailgate reinforcement plate? I have not seen anything it the market except some custom fabricated items. Looking for a whip flag/ CB antenna holder but want to use the OEM holes not the hinges.
Sponsored

Chieftain

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You read my mind. I’ve seen a few concepts of antenna mounts using the spare tire carrier itself like @Smokey142's thread using the spare tire carrier: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/clean-no-drill-weboost-install-with-pictures.46478/. I've even seen some great chase light and antenna mount concepts using the spare tire bolts but not the accessory ready reinforcement on Raptors.

I’m looking for a mount that would work for a cell booster antenna and would be a very similar set up to what you have in mind. One shop I talked to about the Raptor mounting points said the M6x1mm holes are wrong and he had to mess with re-threading them. Unsure if that's the case across all Raptors or just a fluke thing on his.

Following this thread to see if someone is able to fab a study bracket for the holes that are 15" apart.

OP
OP
Losy

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will see if I can talk my off road shop into fabricating something that does not break the bank. If I have any success I will let others know.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
^ That's very nice but massively over priced. I'll design my own and get it machined via a small volume outsourcing site/service.

Chieftain

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was able to have a local shop help fabricate a mount for a WeBoost antenna. The single hole on the spare tire carrier reinforcement isn’t ideal for more than three pounds. While an antenna isn’t over that weight, a single point wouldn’t be sturdy enough for an antenna that will have lots of wind resistance at highway speeds. They used the two bolts instead of the middle M6 hole.

IMG_7589.jpeg

IMG_7590.jpeg

Sponsored

Chieftain

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No issue with rotopak coming in contact with the taillight?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was able to have a local shop help fabricate a mount for a WeBoost antenna. The single hole on the spare tire carrier reinforcement isn’t ideal for more than three pounds. While an antenna isn’t over that weight, a single point wouldn’t be sturdy enough for an antenna that will have lots of wind resistance at highway speeds. They used the two bolts instead of the middle M6 hole.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Tailgate/Spare Tire Enforced Accessory Mounts. IMG_9534.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Tailgate/Spare Tire Enforced Accessory Mounts. IMG_9534.JPG
Wow that looks awesome!!

Did you reuse the factory bolts? How much was the custom build if I may ask? I would be interested in that for sure!!

Chieftain

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Reused the two factory bolts. The single “accessory ready” hole wasn’t going to be up-to-snuff. My local shop was kind enough to make this one-off mount as I’ve got a list of mods they’re hopefully going to help with.
Sponsored