Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Wheel Offset confirmation?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The image below of +18 (0.708661 inches) of poke so 2 inches of poke is a lot. If you don't care about poke then at least gain some advantage like running a ultra light wheel. Titan7 makes 2 wheels (forged) that will fit (hubcentric) and these wheels weigh 20 pounds and is at -1 offset.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Wheel Offset confirmation? 1674665779943

How perceptible is 1.3 inches compared to stock? I ask because I’m installing wheel adapters in order to fit my Fifteen52 Analog HD wheels to my raptor when it arrives so I’ll be out close to 2in from stock 🤣. Seems that will put me even with the flares.
Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The image below of +18 (0.708661 inches) of poke so 2 inches of poke is a lot. If you don't care about poke then at least gain some advantage like running a ultra light wheel. Titan7 makes 2 wheels (forged) that will fit (hubcentric) and these wheels weigh 20 pounds and is at -1 offset.

1674665779943.png
Hard to really tell from photo but doesn’t seem to be even with flares seems like another 1” to be even. I’m fine with a little poke and I already own the wheels I’m planning to use. Won’t be changing them as I like those wheels a lot. The Analog HD is 27.5lbs which is a decent improvement over the stock beadlock wheel which I think is over 35lbs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let me rephrase for you >> I am fine with a shit load of poke.

:)

Hard to really tell from photo but doesn’t seem to be even with flares seems like another 1” to be even. I’m fine with a little poke and I already own the wheels I’m planning to use. Won’t be changing them as I like those wheels a lot. The Analog HD is 27.5lbs which is a decent improvement over the stock beadlock wheel which I think is over 35lbs

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If that makes you happy then sure, shit load is fine. Won’t know until someone posts a measurement of stock wheels to edge of fender.

;)

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Do you get concerned with more added width at some point? I have no dog in the fight (don't own a Raptor), and I like some poke (1-2" looks good IMO), but one thing I worry about with the Raptor is it’s already like 10 inches wider than Bronco, and now you’re talking another 2 on each side. Will you have practical challenges like drive through lanes?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are a few issues. For example, the further you push out the wheels the more stress you put on the steering and suspension components. There is one issue that I can't think of right now. I need to find the video I saw that talks about this.

For street driving, you should be fine BUT you are off-roading and pushing it hard you will have issues.

Here's an analogy .. take 5-pound weight and hold it to your chess .. and now take the same weight and hold it out as far from your body as possible.

Do you get concerned with more added width at some point? I have no dog in the fight (don't own a Raptor), and I like some poke (1-2" looks good IMO), but one thing I worry about with the Raptor is it’s already like 10 inches wider than Bronco, and now you’re talking another 2 on each side. Will you have practical challenges like drive through lanes?

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Went with RTR Evo6 17x9 +18. Wheels are 22-23lbs a piece. Stock rubber for now. Happy with my choice!

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Wheel Offset confirmation? 1674665779943
Lookin' good! Thanks for sharing!

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Have to take into account that the stock wheels aren't flush with the fenders. 2" on each side at most may stick past the fenders 1", maybe less.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are a few issues. For example, the further you push out the wheels the more stress you put on the steering and suspension components. There is one issue that I can't think of right now. I need to find the video I saw that talks about this.

For street driving, you should be fine BUT you are off-roading and pushing it hard you will have issues.

Here's an analogy .. take 5-pound weight and hold it to your chess .. and now take the same weight and hold it out as far from your body as possible.
The bold part here is pure speculation ("will have"). My gut tells me that hard off roading will cause a plethora of issues before any associated with increased widths due to offset.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I 100% disagree BUT let me gather some evidence so you can ponder it.

I need to find this video where a Ford engineer talks about wheel placement relative to the vehicle itself.

I will edit this post when I find it.

The bold part here is pure speculation ("will have"). My gut tells me that hard off roading will cause a plethora of issues before any associated with increased widths due to offset.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I 100% disagree BUT let me gather some evidence so you can ponder it.

I need to find this video where a Ford engineer talks about wheel placement relative to the vehicle itself.

I will edit this post when I find it.
The evidence doesn't really exist... One would need a controlled experiment really. Look, does this increase LOADS, yes absolutely, almost by observation or basic principles. I'm sure an a Ford Engineer has stated such. However, are the resulting stresses going to get above allowables with given safety factors - very difficult to determine. Like I said, this isn't going to be causing failures before other components running on slimmer safety margins.

If we look at the simplest "back of the envelope" calculation it is maybe 1.5"/(85/2) (change/half of vehicle wodth) which is 3%. If 3% more load is going to "destroy" ones vehicle there are other major vehicle design problems...

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you have a closer pic of the wheels demonstrating the poke?

Either way I’m fine with being slightly past flares if it comes to it. I already have the wheels sitting in my spare bedroom and will do what I can to run them. Best looking wheels IMO.
Here are some side profile pics of the RTR EVO6 17x9 +18. It almost flush, not really any poke but it does stick out 22.4mm (0.882 inches) further than stock so the tire tread is right at the edge of the fender flare.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Wheel Offset confirmation? IMG_0659
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Wheel Offset confirmation? IMG_0658
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Wheel Offset confirmation? IMG_0661

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here are some side profile pics of the RTR EVO6 17x9 +18. It almost flush, not really any poke but it does stick out 22.4mm (0.882 inches) further than stock so the tire tread is right at the edge of the fender flare.

Perfect, that should put me at 3/4” past the flare.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for the pics. I have the same wheels and they are going to get powdered coated once my Warthog gets built.

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if you can show a picture of the space between the upper control arm and the tire. May help people decide on wider tires with smaller offsets
Sponsored