First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing the gimped Bronco Sports trolling about is killing the buzz. I hope after looking at the Bronco for a few weeks it doesn’t fall as flat as the soccer / crossover.
Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing that annoys me about the Bronco Sport is constantly having to explain why I don’t have my Bronco. I say “ they haven’t started building them yet” and they say “yes they did....my friend from rowing club has one blah blah blah”

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove a Sport Badlands today. Took a test drive at a dealer I will likely not be buying from as they want a $6500 markup for it. It was nice and tight, roomier than my mother in laws jeep liberty. Nearly as big as the Explorer that was parked behind it. The engine was great and makes me think I will be plenty happy with 50 more hp from my 2.3 manual plans. They honestly look and feel like the beefiest soft roader I have seen lately. Not sure I liked the control arms though. Just bare galvanized stamped steel. Really before I left I climbed under a Ranger and the metal design strengths and thicknesses was like the difference between my AMC Eagle(a 4x4 based off a late 60s unibody) and a Mack truck. Tapped on the ranger frame and heard a GONG but everything under the Bronco Sport was sheetmetal.

Basically it felt good, drove good, was comfy, roomy and potentially easy to work on. However its structure is not really designed for a lifetime car. 25 years from now they will be as floppy and rotty as most XJs on craigslist. The rangers and therefore the big Bronco should last most of us into old age if we take care of em.

Last edited:

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My small 2 cents on the sport:

First:

I wish Ford had put SPORT in all caps big letters, and then the cursive bronco lettering above it, but much smaller.....

Second: I think they look nice from the side and from the front......from the back, they are butt ugly.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And you felt this little tidbit was something you just really had to share with everybody?

For a lot of people it just fits their lifestyle better, why do you feel the need to put something/somebody else down like it's beneath you? 🙄
Sponsored