Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi b's,

I have a 2023 Bronco and it won't go into gear. The motor runs fine at park, when selected for
drive or reverse, a light flashes on the d or r selector buttons, and the Bronco won't respond.
Its like a safety something won't give gear selection. Yes all doors, hatch, closed. I would like to look for
a code, does anybody know where the computer hookup for that is? thanks Bronco is getting restless!

Rick
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't heard of this issue. Is it not throwing any messages/codes on the infotainment screen? OBDII port is located driver side just under the dash on left hand side of steering wheel.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi b's,

I have a 2023 Bronco and it won't go into gear. The motor runs fine at park, when selected for
drive or reverse, a light flashes on the d or r selector buttons, and the Bronco won't respond.
Its like a safety something won't give gear selection. Yes all doors, hatch, closed. I would like to look for
a code, does anybody know where the computer hookup for that is? thanks Bronco is getting restless!

Rick
Foot on brake?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi b's,

Rick
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachrat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haven't heard of this issue. Is it not throwing any messages/codes on the infotainment screen? OBDII port is located driver side just under the dash on left hand side of steering wheel.
thanks

OP
OP

beachrat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
thanks

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have the keys? The bronco won't let you drive it if it doesn't sense the key.

OP
OP

beachrat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
found it thanks, had to take a short trip to the hospital so I'll have to wait on computer checks!

OP
OP

beachrat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
like I said starts fine, idles fine, when you select drive or reverse the light flashes and won't go in gear! 2023 bronco!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you using a "my key" ... At least I think that's what it's called. It's that programmable restricted key that can lock you out of things.

But the fact that you're able to actually move the shifter makes it sound like it's an electronic problem.
Sponsored