Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘m 55, would rather have had the 2.7 but wanted the manual. I Just like to get everyone’s first impression. I’ve driven a 2.3 auto but haven’t got drive a manual.
It is pretty easy to drive, shifts are smooth. The ergonomics are perfect for me. The center arm rest is perfect, and keeps my hand from resting on the shifter (5-11, short legs, long torso, sit farther forward than most people).

Still getting used to it, at first I thought the engine braking sucked but then I realized the RPMS were still pretty low. I was going by sound and sound at 2000 rpm is similar to my subaru imprezza at 4000. The rpm bar didn't bother me, it registered as RPM to me when I glanced at it which is how I knew the rpms were low ; ). I get the hate for the RPM bar though, my imprezza has a digital bar gas gauge that just doesn't register to me as a gas gauge....

The crawl gear didn't feel as low as I expected. I think it may be tougher to drive off road than I expected.

I did have a couple of laggy responses on the highway. In 6th waiting for someone to pull right after passing a truck, noticed another semi coming up fast from behind, punched it after the first cars pulled right, nothing happened, downshifted to 5th punched it nothing happened for a few seconds. Guess the turbo had to spool? It was weird. Maybe I just needed to drop 2 gears. Once it spooled it took off though, a little too late for the semi behind me to not hit his brakes though...

Hopefully that is just a getting used to driving it thing. Probably should have been in 5th already waiting for the opening.

I'm definitely not sorry I got the manual.
Sponsored

Josh54

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got the notice of “vehicle built”. 2 door of course. Reservation holder since 8/20.
my dealer said no ADM but got into with him over “add-ons” such as interior protection, anti theft etc etc. I told him not interested in any add-on and he said it’s put on all cars and price is negotiable.
Any advice? Thank you!!

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got the notice of “vehicle built”. 2 door of course. Reservation holder since 8/20.
my dealer said no ADM but got into with him over “add-ons” such as interior protection, anti theft etc etc. I told him not interested in any add-on and he said it’s put on all cars and price is negotiable.
Any advice? Thank you!!
Make sure you get nitrogen in your tires, too! I hate dealers that do this. My dealer at least asked if I wanted the interior protection to which I politely declined. Tell him you're allergic to the chemicals used in the interior protection and since they Bronco has yet to be delivered, it hasn't been applied yet....

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks to everyone who replied, haven’t driven a modern manual since 99’. Not a concern just wanted impressions.

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Team 2 Door, picture taken at 3 days old, more mods to come
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. PXL_20221004_013631920
@riyatch , looks great. What wheel/tire combo did you go with? Looks like Falken tires......how do you like them?

riyatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@riyatch , looks great. What wheel/tire combo did you go with? Looks like Falken tires......how do you like them?
@choppersean Thanks!
Yes, they are Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285 70 17 wrapping KMC summits et +18
So far they are great! Rides better than stock and no noticeable extra road noise. Only had for 2 days so far and havent been able to drive much so cant tell you much.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any advice? Thank you!!
Tell them it’s your car, you ordered it and don’t touch the efin’ thing!

Sponsored

Simple Man

Black Diamond
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Subaru Outback MT,'70 F-250 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Giddy up, excited to get out there with the rest of ya!!

-Reserved MY21 2DR Manual Jan 2021
-Ordered a 2DR Manual Black Diamond Iconic Silver Feb 2021
-Switched trim to 2DR Manual Base Eruption Green, added SAS after attending Vegas Off-Rodeo Nov 2021 when reordering for MY22 last fall
-Dropped SAS last Wednesday (Sept 28th), switched trim back to Black Diamond
-Got scheduled Oct 6th for 2DR Manual MY23 Black Diamond Eruption Green (build week Nov 14th)

YOUR VEHICLE IS SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION
Dear Gerald .......,

We are excited to let you know your 2023 Bronco Black Diamond™ 2 Door has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of November 14, 2022.
In your next order status email, we will provide you an estimated delivery window of when your vehicle will arrive at Bickford Motors, Inc.. While you wait, check out the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below.
We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: *****************

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
My First Post! I am now Team 2 Door!

DONALD - Here's your new
2023 BRONCO
From Clinton Ford, Inc.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. vehicle

Order Status

• Scheduled for Production
    Week of 11/21/2022

Last edited:

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My First Post! I am now Team 2 Door!

DONALD - Here's your new
2023 BRONCO
From Clinton Ford, Inc.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. vehicle

Order Status

• Scheduled for Production
    Week of 11/21/2022
Welcome to the Party!!!

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Badass...
Sponsored