First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assumed you didn’t look at the Fabtech offering as you see they are Teflon but not rebuildable.
I was speaking rod ends in general. Making them Teflon helps in some regards but doesn't necessarily help others.
Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard pass. There will be/are cheaper options with quality.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bronco with the lift I put on is now standing on her tippy toes so I am thinking on something like this soon.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow,sticker shock and then the rack breaks soon after possibly… I think I would rather carry a few dozen oem tie rods for same cost and replace those on trail vs replacing my rack after a tow.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carry factory spares, it’s a weak link for a reason. You wouldn’t take out a shear pin on a big snow blower and put in a hardened pin.

Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this heim kit and my bronco was involved in a collision where the bolt on the outer tie rod end sheared and lost the bolts and hardware. Are you able to order them separately from the complete kit? Fabtech says they sell them separately but I have to go through a vendor and won't sell it to me directly.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this heim kit and my bronco was involved in a collision where the bolt on the outer tie rod end sheared and lost the bolts and hardware. Are you able to order them separately from the complete kit? Fabtech says they sell them separately but I have to go through a vendor and won't sell it to me directly.
I would try Kartek, I used to buy all my heims and shock parts there from Shock Mike 🪦. https://www.kartek.com/

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would try Kartek, I used to buy all my heims and shock parts there from Shock Mike 🪦. https://www.kartek.com/
Fabtech actually reached out to me directly right after I posted this and will be helping me get all the necessary parts to get me back on the road!! Bad ass customer service!!

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Questions are welcome, we are here to help.
The stock tie rods are the known weak point on any IFS system. Our Broncos are not immune from that problem. Look at the comparison pics. When torque is applied to the front wheel the natural physics want to pull and bend the weakest link, the tie rod. Also hitting rocks from the side bends the weakest link.
I have been sitting on a set for two months. Haven't found a shop yet that will install them. can you please post an installation video? I mean, it looks straight forward, but you never know if there's some small nuance that could be missed and cause problems. I'm mostly unsure about the inner portion that ties into the steering box.

Sponsored

dahoneybadga

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badlands, 22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Legit answer. Rack failures have been pretty rare.
Thanks for answering the questions here. So much information on this forum that it's super hard to see anyone give reasonable answers instead of just options based off of one persons youtube video or post. I had these installed about a week ago to go with my 37s and an Icon Stage 3 suspension. Was trying to determine if it truly is necessary to upgrade steering rack and wanted to see people's thoughts.

Only question is, thoughts on a steering upgrade then? I do moderate off-roading (nothing super intense) and will be going to Moab here in about 2 months and curious on your opinion.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for answering the questions here. So much information on this forum that it's super hard to see anyone give reasonable answers instead of just options based off of one persons youtube video or post. I had these installed about a week ago to go with my 37s and an Icon Stage 3 suspension. Was trying to determine if it truly is necessary to upgrade steering rack and wanted to see people's thoughts.

Only question is, thoughts on a steering upgrade then? I do moderate off-roading (nothing super intense) and will be going to Moab here in about 2 months and curious on your opinion.
Plan for the best, prepare for the worse. :p

I'm just an 'internet expert" but if it were me (and I'm going to Moab in June) and I'm paying close attention to the actual experts and how they say to drive an IRS in those environments. Which is to not hammer the front end going over rocks. Especially if the tire is jammed. Use common sense. And carry tie rods.

If there is one steering upgrade I am thinking about doing it's the Broncbuster bushing. I can clearly see how that helps support the rack. I think that with beefier tie rods or braces are a great first step.

OP
OP
Nexgenbronco

Nexgenbronco

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Plan for the best, prepare for the worse. :p

I'm just an 'internet expert" but if it were me (and I'm going to Moab in June) and I'm paying close attention to the actual experts and how they say to drive an IRS in those environments. Which is to not hammer the front end going over rocks. Especially if the tire is jammed. Use common sense. And carry tie rods.

If there is one steering upgrade I am thinking about doing it's the Broncbuster bushing. I can clearly see how that helps support the rack. I think that with beefier tie rods or braces are a great first step.
You are correct about hammering the front end against rocks. The main issue is if the wheel gets in jam against an obstruction to its side, do not force it. That is when the bushing in the rack gives out. This is not a new problem. Electric rack and pinions have been around since the late 2000's and drivers have been known to jam them against parking curbs causing damage.
Sponsored