Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P90D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am looking for a good waterproof cover.

We live in Miami and would love to take the doors/roof off and leave them off for most of the winter. (sorry to those of you heading into winter up north)
The Bronco will be parked outside (not garaged) and it rains in Miami (a lot) and often out of the clear blue.

Has anyone found a reliable waterproof cover that you would recommend? I'm looking for something I can pull out and put it on quick for those days/nights that look like possible rain.

Thank you for any advice!
Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if they have anything for a 6G Bronco yet, but keep an eye on these guys:

https://www.calcarcover.com/

I have purchased a variety of covers from them for several vehicles, including the EB in my avatar. They have all been great quality and lots of options on cover type depending on exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Some are more waterproof than others. I also wanted something soft on the inside that wouldn’t rub my paint.

The covers I have used have all been full vehicle covers. Your desire for quick on/off certainly makes sense. My experience with the full covers is that they are a bit of a PITA and not real conducive to quick on/off. This is especially true for larger vehicles. I sometimes used a cover on my Tundra and that thing took me about 10 minutes to put on properly and get it cinched down. I was in for some real fun if it was windy. They need to be cinched down because a high wind (Arizona monsoons) will blow them right off. My neighbor has a cherry El Camino with a cover and I have put it back on for him several times after a thunderstorm. Of course, taking off is somewhat quicker.

Maybe the partial vehicle (cab) covers that have been posted up thread might fit your needs better. I assume they may be a bit less PITA to put on.

Just wanted to give you some things to think about. Good luck with your new Bronco!

OP
OP
BroncoMiami

BroncoMiami

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P90D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is apparently in the works for Bronco.
https://www.mywetwilly.com/
Not sure if they have anything for a 6G Bronco yet, but keep an eye on these guys:

I have purchased a variety of covers from them for several vehicles, including the EB in my avatar. They have all been great quality and lots of options on cover type depending on exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Some are more waterproof than others. I also wanted something soft on the inside that wouldn’t rub my paint.

The covers I have used have all been full vehicle covers. Your desire for quick on/off certainly makes sense. My experience with the full covers is that they are a bit of a PITA and not real conducive to quick on/off. This is especially true for larger vehicles. I sometimes used a cover on my Tundra and that thing took me about 10 minutes to put on properly and get it cinched down. I was in for some real fun if it was windy. They need to be cinched down because a high wind (Arizona monsoons) will blow them right off. My neighbor has a cherry El Camino with a cover and I have put it back on for him several times after a thunderstorm. Of course, taking off is somewhat quicker.

Maybe the partial vehicle (cab) covers that have been posted up thread might fit your needs better. I assume they may be a bit less PITA to put on.

Just wanted to give you some things to think about. Good luck with your new Bronco!

Guys... thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I just pre-ordered the cover at www.broncover.com That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again guys!

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i dont like how broncover doesnt cover mirrors. seems like the door seam and the cover seam have potential to let water in. Let us know how it fits!

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve tried contacting them through social media since they don’t have any contact info on their website and haven’t gotten a reply. Has anyone gotten one of these or spoken with the company?

FirstFord

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a bunch of imports
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.raingearcovers.com/product-page/ford-bronco-4-door-half-cover

Had one on my Jeep and it did amazing job keeping the inside try, even with the downpours we get in SC.
Thank you for the recommendation! I’ve been watching forums for a while and this seems like the first one that’s personally recommended, fairly waterproof, and that you can actually buy today. As opposed to Broncover (still says pre-order); Oasis Trail Cover (everybody is talking to them and “one is coming soon”); CoverKing (water pools on top and passes through).

I take that back: one other seems to be available…Calcarcover but it’s $685 before tax or shipping!

Ford Bronco Bronco Waterproof Cover??? 1F6DD700-90A5-4980-8BB2-F9BB5E37B13E

Sponsored

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a similar one for my [replaced] Wrangler. Just ordered the Rain Gear. Looks very similar to what I used to use. I run topless and doorless May to September and this kind of protection is a must. Garage kept though. Thanks for the info.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.raingearcovers.com/product-page/ford-bronco-4-door-half-cover

Had one on my Jeep and it did amazing job keeping the inside try, even with the downpours we get in SC.
The pictures on their website all show the cover on a bronco with a top (soft top or hard); however, I would only be using it without my softop on my bronco, and I wondered if this cover would sag in the rear without a top, thus allowing water to pool in the back. Is there a way to stretch the back so it is tought from the roll bar to the top of tailgate?

FirstFord

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a bunch of imports
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The pictures on their website all show the cover on a bronco with a top (soft top or hard); however, I would only be using it without my softop on my bronco, and I wondered if this cover would sag in the rear without a top, thus allowing water to pool in the back. Is there a way to stretch the back so it is tought from the roll bar to the top of tailgate?
It has adjustable straps on all sides, should work well.

littlepope

First Edition
First Name
Pope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Welp, it happened last night.

Twas a beautiful evening here outside of Atlanta and after double-checking the weather we headed to my son's baseball game sans top, but after the second inning the bottom dropped out and we were literally stuck in traffic for 15 mins. I think the bronco survived, but I am now in the market for a cover to keep handy. Raingear is looking like the best option for now. Stay dry out there!!
Sponsored