First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a laminated cheat sheet I made last year when I first started towing and it states. Put the vehicle in ACCS. mode then press the brake for 7 seconds then shift to park.
I just checked both copies of the pdf manual that I down loaded ver 1 and ver 1B and neither say to shift into park. Just checked both online versions, in the Bronco and with my computer and that state shift into park. Don't know for sure were I got my original info but it was right. LOL
Now what I have noticed is the Neutral Tow Disabled message only stays on the instrument cluster display for a few seconds and easy missed. I find the 2H on the GOAT mode switch is a much better indicator that the Bronco is out of Neutral Tow and actually in 2H.
Sponsored

broncoli

Badlands
First Name
Dylan & Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sprinter van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a laminated cheat sheet I made last year when I first started towing and it states. Put the vehicle in ACCS. mode then press the brake for 7 seconds then shift to park.
I just checked both copies of the pdf manual that I down loaded ver 1 and ver 1B and neither say to shift into park. Just checked both online versions, in the Bronco and with my computer and that state shift into park. Don't know for sure were I got my original info but it was right. LOL
Now what I have noticed is the Neutral Tow Disabled message only stays on the instrument cluster display for a few seconds and easy missed. I find the 2H on the GOAT mode switch is a much better indicator that the Bronco is out of Neutral Tow and actually in 2H.
Thank you so much for posting this. We were literally stuck and trying to get it it out of neutral tow for 20 min. when all we had to do was shift it into PARK!

Blue Bulldog

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just towed our bronco behind our motorhome following all the neutral tow enable and pulling fuses for the elec boost brakes. Worked fine yesterday when we pulled it from the installer to a local rv park. But after 160 miles - when I went to take it out of neutral tow - it says everything it’s supposed to - 2H and neutral tow disabled but it wont go into drive or reverse. Anyone have any idea what might have happened. Getting towed to the local dealer now but they have a 30 day backlog in service appointments.

58BCC75A-6F91-4BE8-A625-557C973CF541.jpeg
Hi,

What was the result?
See my post below. Ford has a series issue and is blaming the customer. I'm on the hook for a $7000 transmission replacement.

GddyupGG

Outer Banks
First Name
Divelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My husband and I are experiencing the same thing almost to a tee with what you described. Followed Neutral Tow instructions and have flat towed many times. Now Ford is saying they will not warranty transmission.

GddyupGG

Outer Banks
First Name
Divelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi,

What was the result?
See my post below. Ford has a series issue and is blaming the customer. I'm on the hook for a $7000 transmission replacement.
My husband and I as well are having this issue.

Sponsored

beachrat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We just towed our bronco behind our motorhome following all the neutral tow enable and pulling fuses for the elec boost brakes. Worked fine yesterday when we pulled it from the installer to a local rv park. But after 160 miles - when I went to take it out of neutral tow - it says everything it’s supposed to - 2H and neutral tow disabled but it wont go into drive or reverse. Anyone have any idea what might have happened. Getting towed to the local dealer now but they have a 30 day backlog in service appointments.

58BCC75A-6F91-4BE8-A625-557C973CF541.jpeg

beachrat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, I have the 23 sport, and had the emergency brake pull chord pulled right out. Now my brakes are locked, worse, its had our extra lot not reachable for a tow!!! I don't have a 4wd selector the sport is all wheel drive! Any suggestions out there, can't find neutral tow for AWD?????

gweberg29

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HOPE SOMEONE FINDS THIS HELPFUL - I WILL POST ON ALL THREADS BELOW - WORK IN PROGRESS

Flat Tow Transmission Failures – as of 02/22/23 – A work in progress – May have missed someone

Thread 1 – (06/03/22) Bronco won’t go back to drive after disengaging tow [2] – Checked 01/18/23

Thread 2 – (10/28/22) Neutral Tow / Transmission Problem [12] – Need to go back through – Long tread

Thread 3 – (07/09/23) Ford claims flat towing our 4 mo. old Bronco destroyed the transmission (not covering under warranty [14] – Need to go back through – Long tread

Thread 4 – (08/08/23) Flat tow won’t disengage [1] – Checked 01/18/23

Thread 5 – (08/16/23) Flat tow failure [3] – Checked 01/18/23

Thread 6 - (11/18/23) Flat tow failure (2) [1] – Checked 01/18/2

Thread 7 – (08/28/23) Bronco Raptor Transmission Troubles Anyone? [3] – Checked 01/18/23

----------------------------------------------------------

1) @Rgarrison58 – Thread 1 – 6/3/22 – Transmission Failure – Ford WILL cover

2) @Bad Sas – Thread 2 – 10/28/22 – Transmission issue – No resolution posted

3) @Blue Bulldog – Thread 2 – 4/12/23 – Transmission failed – Ford will NOT cover - Suing

4) @GddyupGG – Thread 1/2 – 4/19/23 – Transmission failed – Ford will NOT cover – Insurance WILL cover

5) @G6Bronco – Thread 4/5/3 – (08/16/23) – Transmission failed – Ford will NOT cover – Hired attorneys

6) @Bukin67 – Thread 7 – (08/28/23 – Transmission failed – Ford will NOT cover

7) @aknavy – Thread 2 – (08/21/23) – Transmission failed – Ford DID cover

8) @Lisa Aiudi – Thread 3 – (09/09/23 – Transmission failure – Ford will NOT cover

9) @delynn.gibson – Thread 4 – (09/21/23) – Stuck in tow mode – Trase electric motor failed – Ford will cover

10) @Peter Cole – Thread 6 – (11/18/23) – Transmission, Tcase, Oil cooler failed, Ford will NOT cover
Sponsored

Last edited: