ScooterISU

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have just flat towed my 2022 Big Bend over the past week in two 600 mile legs of a trip. I’m experiencing a strong “burnt” smell the first time I’ve driven it after each leg. Can’t tell if it’s a brake or oil smell. On the first leg , after initially smelling it the first time driving, it didn’t produce the smell driving it the rest of the week.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Road crud on the exhaust system. Leave you heater/ac off for a few minutes when you first drive the Bronco after towing.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have just flat towed my 2022 Big Bend over the past week in two 600 mile legs of a trip. I’m experiencing a strong “burnt” smell the first time I’ve driven it after each leg. Can’t tell if it’s a brake or oil smell. On the first leg , after initially smelling it the first time driving, it didn’t produce the smell driving it the rest of the week.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this burnt smell concern for you? Thank you!

LRBTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak and 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don’t worry about it. I towed Explorers and Jeeps behind motorhomes for over 50k miles. It is very common and as grtharris said it is road crud and will burn off. A frequent question on Motorhome forums.

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I toad from Florida to Moab took over 300 miles to burn off the crud,had to open the windows a few times it was so bad, just did a short trip and 30 minutes took care of it

Sponsored
OP
OP

ScooterISU

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks everyone for your replies. It makes me feel more comfortable that it’s not unusual. And the smell is pretty much gone the second day of driving it after the trip.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The smell is generated from the rv (tire debris and diesel smoke) and collects in the ac and heater ducts unless you make sure the system is in recirculate mode before you turn it off right before flat towing. Had the same issue with 2 other cars I flat towed and switching to recirculate or “max cool” before shutting it off solved the problem.
Sponsored