First Name
Roberta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was interested to hear if any new bronco owners have set theirs up for flat towing behind an RV. Wondering how easy or hard it will be to move our tow system that includes air brakes over from our jeep to our bronco Wildtrak once we finally receive it
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following. I've been to Blue Ox and Roadmaster sites, nothing yet. I looked at Ranger pick up base plates, they look like the should be the same, at least for non Modular bumper units. I sent an email to my brake mfg., RVI, no help there.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of the big issues is with the type of brake system you are going to use in the tow vehicle. The 2.3 engine uses a vacuum booster just like most normal vehicles. The 2.7 engine uses a electronic brake boost system (EBB). I used a BrakeBuddy Stealth system in my Jeep which had a vacuum pump to keep vacuum in the vacuum boost to keep the power brakes active. Some systems need power brakes to work and others don't. I'm trying to find out if the EBB is active without the engine on, if so the BrakeBuddy Stealth will work just fine, without the need for a vacuum pump. However if your brake system works without boost there may be a issue of locking up the brakes with to much brake pedal pressure with the EBB system. Between getting the transfer case in neutral, finding a way to connect the tow bar and getting the brake and tail lights to work, lots of drama!!

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a NSA Ready Brute tow bar. It basically acts a surge brake. You do have to run an aircraft cable from the front bumper into the cab and it attaches to the brake peddle. When the toad pushes on the tow bar, it actuates a lever that then pulls on the brake pedal, slowing the toad.

Have pulled out 2dr JK many miles and it has worked great

(there's actually 2 cables, one for actuating the brakes, the other for an emergency break away. You'd never know they were there except they do have to be accessible from the front bumper)

https://www.readybrake.com/

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forgot to mention the Broncos have Electric Parking Brakes. No handle no cables.

Sponsored

Marshhunt

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates?