Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Idaho forest roads make for some GREAT Bronco country, and it's even better with friends!

Our Bronco's in order from left to right - Badlands Sasquatch, First Edition and our Black Diamond 2 door.

Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! IMG_9281
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After making the main loop we had planned we started exploring side trails and I led us down some UTV trails... again. The trail was super fun
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-2
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-3
but the overgrowth was just too much.

OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dust on our hood began to take on a "Robins Egg Blue" sort of look
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-15
I thought.

Reactions: rws
OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had some tight squeezes too! That's Ryan's
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-12
First Edition navigating around the tree here.

OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The new bumper/wench/lighting set up on the Badlands looks amazing on trail.
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-5

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Working on an edit from this part of the trail, I included some cuts in the above video and had all the rest on the end. Making it 15 minutes so I will cut it down and post it up asap.
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-8
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-7
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-6
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-9
Ford Bronco Broncos Exploring Idaho's Pilot Peak and Grimes Creek! GPTempDownload-10

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were some of the UTV trails designated for vehicles that are 50” or narrower? I’m asking because I just spent 2 weeks in SE Idaho and saw quite a few of those trails.

OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Were some of the UTV trails designated for vehicles that are 50” or narrower? I’m asking because I just spent 2 weeks in SE Idaho and saw quite a few of those trails.
These are all forest roads, but there is often many motorcycle and ATV only marked trails. Most will be marked as per the permitted use. The no 4wd vehicle icon is cute, its a 2 door jeep with no doors or roof. Someone once joked as long as we have our doors and tops on... lol

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are all forest roads, but there is often many motorcycle and ATV only marked trails. Most will be marked as per the permitted use. The no 4wd vehicle icon is cute, its a 2 door jeep with no doors or roof. Someone once joked as long as we have our doors and tops on... lol
That’s excellent. Where I was, which was around Idaho Falls and Island Park, the majority of the interesting (see challenging) roads and trails were marked for UTVs and motorcycles. So most of my time was spent on washboard dirt roads without much challenging terrain. We did find and nice primitive 4x road leading to a nice lake but even it wasn’t very challenging.

In any case, looks like you all had a great time!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How can I hear about these ahead of time?

I know four different ways to get to Pilot Peak. There's the long easy way out of Idaho City, Grimes Creek, Grimes Pass, Summit Flat. There's the more difficult route out of Idaho City, Bear Run, Black Warrior. There's Summit Flat from Highway 21 at Mores Creek Summit. And there's Black Warrior coming in from Lowman.

So you guys went the long easy way, right? Did you do any of Grimes Creek south of Idaho City? More potholes on that road than any other road that I know of.

Would you guys be interested in trying to make it through the road that heads north from Wilson Peak in the Owyhees? It shows up on Google Maps as 37154. I was just up there with a couple of my grandsons and would not want to try it on my own. Here's a photo from one of the more interesting obstacles below where I determined that it was best to turn around:
Rx4Hw75.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s excellent. Where I was, which was around Idaho Falls and Island Park, the majority of the interesting (see challenging) roads and trails were marked for UTVs and motorcycles. So most of my time was spent on washboard dirt roads without much challenging terrain. We did find and nice primitive 4x road leading to a nice lake but even it wasn’t very challenging.

In any case, looks like you all had a great time!
I am finding this to be the case also. I guess that's why I keep getting off into these bushy trails, those are where the good stuff is!

OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How can I hear about these ahead of time?

Would you guys be interested in trying to make it through the road that heads north from Wilson Peak in the Owyhees? It shows up on Google Maps as 37154. I was just up there with a couple of my grandsons and would not want to try it on my own. Here's a photo from one of the more interesting obstacles below where I determined that it was best to turn around:
Scott, sounds like we need to meet up! I will do another Boise Bronco meet soon the last couple weeks have been just friends out with Bronco's - you are certainly welcome to join anytime! That looks just the kind of rowdy we are thirsting for! Forest roads are fun but challenges are limited. Been finding some great routes for a future meet up there though, we did do the Pilot Grimes last week then this week we climbed up to the summit station on Pilot then north east over to Edna Creek then explored around the Hennesy Yurt loop area. Cant wait to get back to exploring the Owyhees again, just up in the elevations to beat some heat. I will DM you my contact info

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be in Lowman the end of Sept. I will have to add this to my list. I'm headed to Pinyon Peak, Deadwood Res., Scott Mt. Lookout, Bear Valley Lookout, and others time permitting. Thanks for the video. I will probably still have my Pretend Bronco, but that's OK.

OP
OP
50 and Fabulous

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be in Lowman the end of Sept. I will have to add this to my list. I'm headed to Pinyon Peak, Deadwood Res., Scott Mt. Lookout, Bear Valley Lookout, and others time permitting. Thanks for the video. I will probably still have my Pretend Bronco, but that's OK.
Ha Ha that is funny! Sounds like a good time and epic trip!

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beautiful! Looks like a good time. I'm partial to the Velocity Blue one. ;)
Sponsored