Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting a thread dedicated to Broncos pulling trailers. Post up your ride and whatever type of trailer you're pulling. Work or play.

My 2DR with my M416 trailer. Just on a quick test of the new trailer light wiring I had installed. Real work comes this Friday and Saturday when I'm going to do some service project work, so the trailer will haul supplies in and debris out.

IMG-4485.jpg
What size are the tires on the trailer, and I assume you’re running a Sasquatch package on the truck?

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tow my Gulfstream Enlighten bunkhouse and it does it better than my Explorer with a higher tow rating.
I'm using a CURT Wireless Trailer Brake controller and a weight distributing hitch. I couldn't imagine doing it without those two pieces of equipment but it handles the 2600lbs dry weight just fine. I was really nervous the first couple of times we took it out because of all the caution I read online. If I knew more about offroading and towing I probably would have selected a different trailer. I thought we'd be using the shower and toilet more but there are toilets and showers everywhere. Also we only go where there are full hookups so no need to travels with more than a small amount of fresh water. I would sacrifice the bathroom for larger living quarters or a lower profile. The 2.3 is an absolute beast and tows just fine but it is thirsty.

Also Gulfstream has terrible build quality its the cheapest for a reason and I knew that going in but damn is this thing a project.

Even though the Gulfstream isn't the best trailer it does enable some fantastic memories for me and my family. I grew up camping all summer and am really greatful to share that with my kids too. And having a rig that get you there, stomp around in and get you back is next level. A far cry from my grandma's Winnebago.

20220224_155327.jpg

How do the bigger wheel and tire options affect your towing? My little guys do great but I'm ready to upgrade as soon as possible.
How thirsty is that 2.3 when towing? I have a 2.7 and trying to talk my wife into something just that size. However in would like to know what kind of mpgs I am looking at if we get one. Thanks

Sponsored

Meshyf

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How thirsty is that 2.3 when towing? I have a 2.7 and trying to talk my wife into something just that size. However in would like to know what kind of mpgs I am looking at if we get one. Thanks
OH it's terrible like 9mpg depending on how bad the wind is. It doesn't help I live in a valley and have to climb out for an hour each time I want to go anywhere.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

16mpg which really surprised me. That has been on several short one hour trips. I will be going on a 3000 mile trip this spring which will give me a more accurate measure.

Sponsored

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did you get u haul to rent to you? Rag tops are against their policy.
It’s a home depot trailer. I took a bunch of measurements of it while I had it, gonna build my own pretty soon here.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn’t even know it’s back there. That being said the setup weighs like 1400 pounds lol

EBF6C52C-06EF-4DA3-8AA5-AD9244E7098F.jpeg

DarkHorseDarling

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands, '17 Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours A259E689-F5F6-4A0A-99FB-1DA87C00B202

Production work with a 6x12’ trailer. :)

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I tow my 17' Bass boat everyday to the lakes. Ill have to take pic for everyone.
Sponsored