First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm less than 2 months old, with 2800 miles and I recently began to have a parking aid fault thrown everytime I start up and no parking sensors beep at all.

I made an appointment for service at my local dealer where I bought it and they neglected to inform me when I made the appointment that I would have to leave my car 5 to 7 business days for them to just diagnose the problem. I immediately noped out of there.

Once I got home, I took the opportunity to start to investigate the parking sensors myself and found what looks to be like a nearly severed sensor. I've had no wreck or any issue that would have caused this, so I can only assume this was installed this way.

Any chance I could take this part directly to the dealer and ask them to replace it under warranty and I just pop it in myself Rather than waiting five to seven business days? Pics attached.

Ford Bronco Busted Parking Sensor 20230825_182448
Ford Bronco Busted Parking Sensor 20230825_184004
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any chance I could take this part directly to the dealer and ask them to replace it under warranty and I just pop it in myself Rather than waiting five to seven business days? Pics attached.
Highly unlikely that any dealership would allow that. If you don’t want to wait you can always just buy a new one. Depending on your bumper and which sensor it could be as low as $25. I can help you out with a part number if you’d like.

OP
OP

HB4

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Highly unlikely that any dealership would allow that. If you don’t want to wait you can always just buy a new one. Depending on your bumper and which sensor it could be as low as $25. I can help you out with a part number if you’d like.
Yes, definitely. I'd appreciate it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, definitely. I'd appreciate it.
Alright, I just need to know which bumper it was from and the sensor location (left, left center, right center or right)

or see if there’s an engineering part number on the sensor. I can cross reference that also.

Last edited:
OP
OP

HB4

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's front left center. Is the E129665 the part number?

Ford Bronco Busted Parking Sensor 20230825_183953

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's front left center. Is the E129665 the part number?

20230825_183953.jpg
No, that top number is the engineering number. For some reason I can’t cross reference it. But from the first picture you posted it looks like just the standard plastic front bumper?

If so you need part number JU5Z-15K859-APTM. It’s a paint to match sensor, so the center of it may need to be painted. I don’t have a standard bumper so I’m not sure if they’re painted black or not

Reactions: HB4
OP
OP

HB4

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks!

Bluovlfan

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When my sensor broke, dealer said it wasn't covered under warranty as getting hit with road debris falls under normal wear. But I just had to purchase, spray some black paint on it and pop it in. It only took about 5 min once the paint dried. I believe it was somewhere around $124 and the dealer had them in stock.
Sponsored