Sponsored

Front Parking Sensor Blocked (but it isn't)

NorthernSoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else encountered problems with phantom parking sensor blocked error messages? I have been getting one every time (EVERY TIME!) I slow down at a stop sign, intersection, or am actually parking for over a week now.

Started after the first time I washed it so it was squeaky clean. I have the modular front bumper - maybe water got in to a loose connection and fried a sensor???

Scheduled to take into dealer on Friday. Will report outcome.
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd try unplugging the harness and plugging it back in. Maybe add a little dielectric grease?

All the sensors are tied into one harness. It's driver's side front just above the bumper. You can do this with the bumper on, no problem.

OP
OP
NorthernSoul

NorthernSoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd try unplugging the harness and plugging it back in. Maybe add a little dielectric grease?

All the sensors are tied into one harness. It's driver's side front just above the bumper. You can do this with the bumper on, no problem.
I'll give that a go. Thanks!

Shall2424

Badlands
First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else encountered problems with phantom parking sensor blocked error messages? I have been getting one every time (EVERY TIME!) I slow down at a stop sign, intersection, or am actually parking for over a week now.

Started after the first time I washed it so it was squeaky clean. I have the modular front bumper - maybe water got in to a loose connection and fried a sensor???

Scheduled to take into dealer on Friday. Will report outcome.
Hi-did you get this resolved? My car started to doing this today. Trying to figure out my next steps.

OP
OP
NorthernSoul

NorthernSoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi-did you get this resolved? My car started to doing this today. Trying to figure out my next steps.
Had it in to the dealer who couldn’t find anything wrong but told me that there was a maintenance bulletin from Ford that indicated the rubber grommets around the sensor can shift (expand?) and cause an alarm. Apparently this is a cold weather thing (and we had some extreme cold in Canada at the time).

When the cold snap ended the problem did go away so not really a resolution but at least the damn thing doesn’t beep everytime I slow down to 5kmh or less.

Sponsored

Shall2424

Badlands
First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had it in to the dealer who couldn’t find anything wrong but told me that there was a maintenance bulletin from Ford that indicated the rubber grommets around the sensor can shift (expand?) and cause an alarm. Apparently this is a cold weather thing (and we had some extreme cold in Canada at the time).

When the cold snap ended the problem did go away so not really a resolution but at least the damn thing doesn’t beep everytime I slow down to 5kmh or less.
It is the coldest it has been in NC today. Hopefully this will stop, but I did schedule an appointment for Monday to have it looked at. Thank you for letting me know. I agree, it sure is annoying!

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

My Audi does STRANGE things when it's super cold. Half the reason I bought the Bronco, the poor gas mileage should help make Canada just a tad bit warmer.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Raptor would do this if any water got frozen around the thin inner circle on the sensor. It was hard to see, but if it was present, sensor would trigger. I would flick it out with a paper clip, or something similar, and the sensor would return to normal op.

OP
OP
NorthernSoul

NorthernSoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Raptor would do this if any water got frozen around the thin inner circle on the sensor. It was hard to see, but if it was present, sensor would trigger. I would flick it out with a paper clip, or something similar, and the sensor would return to normal op.
That’s good to know. It was driving me nuts! Thanks

Sponsored

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Audi does STRANGE things when it's super cold. Half the reason I bought the Bronco, the poor gas mileage should help make Canada just a tad bit warmer.
We just got thru two weeks of extremely cold weather here in Seattle - and mine did this exact same thing - once water froze to the Bronco - sensors went bananas - as soon as it warmed up - all the crazy sensor stuff went away - lasted 2-3 days where it was below 25 or so and now its fine.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same problem. It occurred after washing the Bronco on a day with Temps in the 20's. Went away after the Bronco got warmed up, as others noted.

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened today... 28 out and freezing rain. I smell a TSB a brewing... ?

aj1667

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks all for the information. It just started happening to me. I'm not happy at all that this happens and have to flick it out with ice, jump out of the car, etc. It was driving me nuts and my friend made fun of my car -lol.

Falken

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It must to be a cold weather issue. I am experiencing the same problem. If its cold enough to freeze even the slightest my front sensors go into alarm. Especially after washing the bronco and the sensors are shiny clean. I even use the blower, and dry them all off before leaving the car wash. As mentioned, the slightest bit of freezing in that tiny inner circle and they're in alarm. Goes away as soon as it warms up. The funny thing is....the rear sensors dont seem to have any issue at all. And they even have ice droplets from washing on them. Kind of annoying.
Sponsored