Sponsored

Buy Some Wheel Locks (ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS)

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last night, some person decided that they needed the spare tire off my my 4 month old Wildtrak. My Wildtrak did not come with any wheel locks, and I didn't think anything about it.

Now I am needing a new rim, tire, tpms, etc., and some anger management suggestions.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last night, some person decided that they needed the spare tire off my my 4 month old Wildtrak. My Wildtrak did not come with any wheel locks, and I didn't think anything about it.

Now I am needing a new rim, tire, tpms, etc., and some anger management suggestions.
Hate to break it to you, wheel locks won't slow anybody down. With a set of wheel nut extractors it's as quick (maybe quicker) than using the wheel lock key.

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i didnt buy wheel locks... i purchased the Mishimoto Aluminum Lugs and put one on my spare. they require a different style socket to get them off that most thieves wouldnt be smart enough to carry... just food for thought. Between the Diode Dynamics Spare lug mounted light requiring a special tool to remove and the mishimoto lug theyd have to work to get my spare.

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hate to break it to you, wheel locks won't slow anybody down. With a set of wheel nut extractors it's as quick (maybe quicker) than using the wheel lock key.
Nope, not what I want to hear.

Anybody have an extra Wildtrak rim lying around, or maybe the part number?

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nope, not what I want to hear.

Anybody have an extra Wildtrak rim lying around, or maybe the part number?
I would check EBAY sometimes they have a single rim for sale. I purchased the McGard and yes it looks like there are hacks to remove them but requires hammering/a lot of noise so maybe that will slow them or the noise will alarm someone. I live in Seattle so you just do your best and hope.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the Ford locking nuts using some of my points. I believe they are made for Ford by McGard. Probably the best you can do. They'll stop most teenagers and junkees from stealing your tire, but not a determined "professional" thief.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use two different types of locks make it hard thieves are after a fast job.
Again, won't slow down a thief with a set of wheel nut extractors... and I would imagine if they're anything but a casual thief, they'll have a set.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man sorry to hear about that. Though I am not overly concerned about this, (they better be a Gym rat to get my 37!) I run a spare tire delete and I am in no true hurry to put the 37 back on. When I go to the trails we toss some of the tires in the support truck, and I run with patches and a compressor.

Part of my hold-up is a need for a reinforced carrier. can you buy a spare rim for Ford?

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, won't slow down a thief with a set of wheel nut extractors... and I would imagine if they're anything but a casual thief, they'll have a set.
Sure thats an opinion but I know experts that say different and never lost a set of wheels when they tried.

OP
OP
Alfa

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can get a rim from Ford and there are lots of used / takeoff rims and tires floating around too.

I am still too pissed to make good decisions.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure thats an opinion but I know experts that say different and never lost a set of wheels when they tried.
They're not experts then. I had a friend who lost the key to his OEM wheel locks, extractors were literally as easy as using the key.
Sponsored