Sponsored

Buy Some Wheel Locks (ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS)

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last night, some person decided that they needed the spare tire off my my 4 month old Wildtrak. My Wildtrak did not come with any wheel locks, and I didn't think anything about it.

Now I am needing a new rim, tire, tpms, etc., and some anger management suggestions.
with a ball pin hammer and 1 strike in the middle ...those lock nuts are easy to break then a fat women's diet a kfc
Sponsored

SquatchErik

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my Wildtrak Squatch I put black McGard Spline lugs plus the Advanced Wheel locks on all 5 wheels. I'd assume that nothing is 100% theft proof but these should at least slow down a tire thief.

Note: I purchased the wheels in this pic from someone who swapped out their OEM wheels ; I'm using the original Sas wheels/tires as winter tires (I live in Oregon) and these as smoother running, quiet road tires for the summer. Just did a 4500 mile road trip to the Midwest and it handled great the whole way.

PXL_20230708_194414165.jpg

PXL_20230712_192522928.jpg

PXL_20230613_223737872.jpg

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my Wildtrak Squatch I put black McGard Spline lugs plus the Advanced Wheel locks on all 5 wheels. I'd assume that nothing is 100% theft proof but these should at least slow down a tire thief.

Note: I purchased the wheels in this pic from someone who swapped out their OEM wheels ; I'm using the original Sas wheels/tires as winter tires (I live in Oregon) and these as smoother running, quiet road tires for the summer. Just did a 4500 mile road trip to the Midwest and it handled great the whole way.

Ford Bronco Buy Some Wheel Locks (ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS) PXL_20230613_223737872

Ford Bronco Buy Some Wheel Locks (ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS) PXL_20230613_223737872

Aren't there rules for this sort of trolling on the Forum?

Sponsored

SquatchErik

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Aren't there rules for this sort of trolling on the Forum?
:p Haha, probably, but it's my daily driver and I'm not taking it out every weekend on the trails. With the Michelin tires it drives much quieter and with the shorter sidewalls it takes corners with a little less lean :cool:

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll throw in my 2 cents on this. My girls friend has a base bronco, no wheel locks...they still stole the spare. I don't think its a matter of which wheel you have or which wheel locks. All you need something on there to keep the honest people honest.

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I park in my garage, every night
What a stupid comment.
Do you take your garage to the beach, the movies, out to dinner, or shopping?
Do you also take your house roof with you everywhere you go so you don't get rained on?

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I am hoping that the spare tire thief and the bicycle thief carry different tools
I'm not a thief but I carry five milwaukee cordless tools in a pelican case with batteries and charger along with a duffle bag with about lets just say evrything I need to put my truck back together as well as 2 different size locking lugnut sockets. If I ever had a change of heart I could do some damage in a short time

Deleted member 49144

What a stupid comment.
Do you take your garage to the beach, the movies, out to dinner, or shopping?
Do you also take your house roof with you everywhere you go so you don't get rained on?
Why exactly was this a stupid comment? OP said “last night”, so I’m making the assumption that the vehicle was parked at his residence. It’s a statistical fact that most burglaries happen in the middle of the night. I’m not saying it’s not possible it could have happened anywhere else, but there’s also cameras everywhere nowadays.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you wont have the problem anymore with these