Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy All.

I asked about how to stop my cab cover from holding water. After several ideas about how to do it, I think I came up with a cheap easy solution.

I used one piece of 1/2 inch PVC, two 90deg elbows, a scrap piece of 2 by, and two wood screws. I have a wood lathe so I sized the 2 by to fit.

I cut the 1/2 PVC a little longer then needed glued on and elbow, placed the piece of wood in the end of the elbow, drilled a pilot hole and installed the wood screw.

I placed it in the hole of the bracket that holds the two front hard top pieces. I pushed against it a bit marked the center of the hole on the opposite side then cut it. I placed the second elbow on with the wood plug and screw installed did a dry fit. When I had about a 1/2 inch bow going across the top, I glued the elbow in place.

I is not pretty but it will work to keep the water from pooling. It is easy to install and remove.

Hope this helps someone else.

Ford Bronco Cab cover hold water solution Fail IMG_5632.JPG
Ford Bronco Cab cover hold water solution Fail IMG_5633.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice idea. Thanks for sharing.
Today was the first day I had to use it since I made it. The cover fit over it with out issue, and it held it up about 1 inch higher. We really didn't have much rain so I am not sure how it worked. Tonight it is supposed to rain, so tomorrow morning I will see. I am thinking I might need to add another section heading to the the windshield.

I will update this post with how I do it.

thanks

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after 3 inches of rain last night into this morning the PVC pipe bent down under the weight of the water. I guess I will try something else.
Ford Bronco Cab cover hold water solution Fail IMG_5659.JPG
Sponsored