Sponsored

Cactus Gray & Area 51 (side by side in the sun and in the shade) Photos & Videos

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw these today at Phil Long. Took a vid but it doesn’t add anything to OP. (Great Job!) It was the first time for me seeing either color in person. Yup, no blue at all (!) in cactus gray. Maybe a very very slight hint of green but not remotely “mint” as has been described. Were I to give it a name, I would call it, Putty.

I had been warned the Area 51 is NOT baby blue and i bought in. When I saw it in person, the one in the sun looked baby blue to me. I was in love after the overland concept photos but not now. Much more drawn to Cactus. The one in shade was better but i kept thinking, “I can’t drive it in the shade all the time, can I?’

Now for the Op Ed. I think both of the colors were enhanced by the dark blacks on the Sports. I am really thinking both of these colors will suffer from the MIC top on the Bronco. Again, I haven’t seen the tops in reality either but some of the pics just scream clash. I will probably go with CG and MIC anyway and look at options later to have the top black. Peace.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was A51 worse
Or better than what you initially thought
Well, I still need to see it in person. But on the color book it was just way different, way darker. I can’t speak too much to it on the vehicle but it was more teal looking to me.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I still need to see it in person. But on the color book it was just way different, way darker. I can’t speak too much to it on the vehicle but it was more teal looking to me.
This is why I might still stick with cyber orange ?
I love the overlander A51 but can’t get a feel for it..
I love orange / yellow so I know I will be “safe with” this color

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A51 looks awesome in person while CG is the safer color. I really wish CG had a more minty green to it but will probably go that anyways. My issue with A51 is that the vast majority of Broncos will more than likely be A51 which makes it boring and I'm afraid a color like that won't age well and I'll be sick of it in a year.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I might still stick with cyber orange ?
I love the overlander A51 but can’t get a feel for it..
I love orange / yellow so I know I will be “safe with” this color
Good news is CO isn’t yellow at all and is beautiful on the color sheets. I dig it.

Sponsored

Grunt240

Wildtrak
First Name
Giacomo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At first i was dead set on Area 51 but after seeing these pics definitely will have to change that color choice when my dealer gets in touch with me. So gonna go with the Carbonized Gray like i originally was gonna to do.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in Colorado Springs and stopped by my dealership who had 5 Bronco Sports. (Colorado Springs is home to Ford Credit and all 5 will be drive by Ford Credit Executives for the next few months)

They had 2 Cactus Gray's and 2 Area 51's...in the sun and in the shade. Did my best to get photos and videos of both out in the sun and in the shade. After seeing them in person, I love the Cactus Gray.

Enjoy!

20201204_125830.jpg

20201204_124725.jpg
I'm in Colorado Springs and stopped by my dealership who had 5 Bronco Sports. (Colorado Springs is home to Ford Credit and all 5 will be drive by Ford Credit Executives for the next few months)

They had 2 Cactus Gray's and 2 Area 51's...in the sun and in the shade. Did my best to get photos and videos of both out in the sun and in the shade. After seeing them in person, I love the Cactus Gray.

Enjoy!

20201204_131120.jpg
My whirlwind romance w/A51 was fun, but I've fallen out of love. Cactus Grey looks better, more unusual and understated. C.G. is my backup color, but I'm looking to brighten up the roadways with Cyber Orange.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know Bullitt, just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this...

...and totally redeem yourself! ?

Oh and that John Denver is full of sh*t. :poop:

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am really confused because a ford rep at the international offraod expo made a point to say don't let the pcis fool you, A51 is not baby blue. But the OP says it looks more teal so I am probably out too until I see it in person. Going to contact my ford dealer about to see if they have any Bronco Sports.

Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So far, Area 51 looks like it matches the MIC roof better than any other color. But seeing these pics I really like the cactus gray for how unique it is, despite it being pretty neutral. Excited to see them in person when they show up at my local dealer.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would highly recommend that everyone go see the colors in person for yourself on the Bronco Sport's. The nice thing about the ordering delay is that it will allow us to see some or most of the colors in person. I'm definitely leaning on CG but want to see a CO in person. I just think CO is a bit too yellow for me, but I want to see it in person. If not, CG it is!
Sponsored