Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lab00Rat Would you be able/willing to dive into what colors might accent this color well as far as pinstriping or graphics? I've seen the black/orange on the Mustang Fighter Jet... Any thoughts?
Black. CG a flat color, so other neutral flat colors (gunmetal and black) would go well.
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Black. CG a flat color, so other neutral flat colors (gunmetal and black) would go well.
Awesome, thanks! What about the orange detail on the Mustang? Would that translate well?

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, thanks! What about the orange detail on the Mustang? Would that translate well?
Neutral-type orange (darker, gray tone) should be fine, but that would be to taste.
Also a blue-neutral similar to Area 51 would stripe well with the CG color.

CG color via B&P...

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1625196095303

Neutral Color Pallet EXAMPLE:
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1625196072598

Other color tones can be made, but they should complement a flat gray to work well.

Anything that Ford puts on the Mustang Fighter Jet Gray should work very well with the Bronco Cactus Gray.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Lab00Rat Curious to know what your thoughts about this color now, if it has changed at all. I'm seriously thinking about getting this color for my 3/28 build but still have not seen it in person. I don't like minty green, baby blue or pastels. But if it looks like the picture below in real life then I think the color is awesome!

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1643043939341

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lab00Rat Curious to know what your thoughts about this color now, if it has changed at all. I'm seriously thinking about getting this color for my 3/28 build but still have not seen it in person. I don't like minty green, baby blue or pastels. But if it looks like the picture below in real life then I think the color is awesome!

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1643043939341
I really like the color the more I see it in the wild.
It's a really dynamic color depending on the ambient light.
As far as the image, it looks like white, not gray. The artificial lights play hell on photos. That said, it could still be CG, but hard to tell. One key to tell is the color of the signal on the mirror and seat cover plastic are the same as the body color. (see below how they differ)

CG is a flat gray color that becomes a different perceived color based on the ambient surrounding.
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1643046189306

Here is a better photo of CG that looks more normal for the lighting in the factory.

However, it can change based on the camera too...
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1643046283614

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1643046348067

White with CG following behind for comparison.

Be careful on making your decision based on photos. See it in person if you can.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray Deep Dive Color Analysis and Comparison 1643046348067
I can say 100% it does not look like the picture in person. I also was very interested in cactus grey until I saw in person. I want a flat grey paint like Nardo Grey, Stealth grey or Avalanche grey but CG is none of that. It has a mostly mint green look to it most of time and at others it is a slight blue green tint. I was disappointed. Switched the color on my order.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can say 100% it does not look like the picture in person. I also was very interested in cactus grey until I saw in person. I want a flat grey paint like Nardo Grey, Stealth grey or Avalanche grey but CG is none of that. It has a mostly mint green look to it most of time and at others it is a slight blue green tint. I was disappointed. Switched the color on my order.
This is what makes me thing there is quality control issue going on with this color. How could one person's opinion vary so much?

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what makes me thing there is quality control issue going on with this color. How could one person's opinion vary so much?
CG is a neutral color. It's not really a gray, but a blend of colors that makes gray (not really, but that's the concept). When the color is in different lighting, your perception of the color changes. The person standing next to you might perceive a different hue and describe it similar, but not the same. This extends to colors in photographs too, so seeing CG same photograph, two people might describe their perceived color different. Cameras have a hard time determining the gray color in this paint because it's such a light gray. The camera overcompensates for one hue over another and the results vary - see my post above of 2 CG cars that look different.

It's not a paint quality issue because CG is a dynamic color and very hard to digitally capture or correctly describe based on perception.
Sponsored