Techguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford & Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tracked down two Rangers in Cactus Grey. As everyone has mentioned, it is a very difficult color to photograph, but to my eye it is a flat "military jet fighter grey" that has a clear coat. I didn't see a hint of green or blue in the color. I think the clearcoat is what is throwing off cameras.

In the first two images, my shirt is green, but closer to slightly light forest green. My watch is a Casio GA-2110ET that has a rubber flat grey band, a darker grey bezel and the face is the same color as the band, but the crystal gives it almost a clear-coat look. In person, I would say Cactus Grey is closest to the watch face color because of the clearcoat.

This image is in direct sunlight at about 6pm.

Ford Bronco Cactus Grey Rangers Flat Sunlight Compare

This image is in the shadows

Ford Bronco Cactus Grey Rangers Shadow Flat Sunlight Compare

This image is in the shadows and the front trim piece that boarders the paint is carbonized grey.

Ford Bronco Cactus Grey Rangers Shadow Flight Sunlight Grill

The interesting thing for me was that I did not like the contrast between the Cactus Grey and black/carbonized grey fenders and trim pieces. In this picture it appears that the fender blends into the tire, but in person the contrast between the paint and the trim really stands out.

Ford Bronco Cactus Grey Rangers Front Image

I much preferred Cactus Grey when it had matching fenders and trim pieces, which was a surprise. This last picture is terrible, was shot through a tinted window and color adjusted, but gives you some idea of what I am talking about. So, those folks going with a non-sasq Cactus Grey Outer Banks have something to look forward to.

Ford Bronco Cactus Grey Rangers Through Tinted Window

I am still hunting for a Cyber Orange.
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That last ranger looks tough! Love the color, and nice watch - I got one in red!

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree on the green, it’s in there

58EBBDB5-1711-4841-A5BB-D2873DF42ADF.jpeg

1058C6BD-3F47-472D-AD98-A553243A1307.jpeg

OP
OP

Techguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford & Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every eye sees colors a bit differently, but as I said, I get no green or blue in this color in person. This image might show it a bit better, although the Cactus Grey looks darker than it does in person. The sticker on the paint is black and close to iconic silver.

Ford Bronco Cactus Grey Rangers with sport sticker

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tracked down two Rangers in Cactus Grey. As everyone has mentioned, it is a very difficult color to photograph, but to my eye it is a flat "military jet fighter grey" that has a clear coat. I didn't see a hint of green or blue in the color. I think the clearcoat is what is throwing off cameras.

In the first two images, my shirt is green, but closer to slightly light forest green. My watch is a Casio GA-2110ET that has a rubber flat grey band, a darker grey bezel and the face is the same color as the band, but the crystal gives it almost a clear-coat look. In person, I would say Cactus Grey is closest to the watch face color because of the clearcoat.

This image is in direct sunlight at about 6pm.

This image is in the shadows

This image is in the shadows and the front trim piece that boarders the paint is carbonized grey.

The interesting thing for me was that I did not like the contrast between the Cactus Grey and black/carbonized grey fenders and trim pieces. In this picture it appears that the fender blends into the tire, but in person the contrast between the paint and the trim really stands out.

I much preferred Cactus Grey when it had matching fenders and trim pieces, which was a surprise. This last picture is terrible, was shot through a tinted window and color adjusted, but gives you some idea of what I am talking about. So, those folks going with a non-sasq Cactus Grey Outer Banks have something to look forward to.

I am still hunting for a Cyber Orange.
It’s interesting how we all perceive colors differently. I don’t like the color matched and much prefer the off setting black and black trim. I have seen it on Rangers and Bronco Sports and feel it’s a much better look off set with the CG trim on the Ranger or black roof of some Bronco Sports. We all have our preference! Glad you found some to see in person.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As much as people say AMB is tricky to figure out this color takes the crown. Its a good looking color, but it photographs terribly.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP

Techguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford & Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s interesting how we all perceive colors differently. I don’t like the color matched and much prefer the off setting black and black trim. I have seen it on Rangers and Bronco Sports and feel it’s a much better look off set with the CG trim on the Ranger or black roof of some Bronco Sports. We all have our preference! Glad you found some to see in person.
I am glad you like the contrast. Frankly, my reaction surprised me. Based on the pictures, I would have had the exact opposite reaction to the contrast vs no-contrast. I currently drive a 2013 Wrangler Sahara JKU in "Dune" (the best description I can give is butterscotch), so am partial to unusual colors. I really wanted to like the Cactus Grey, since I have a Badlands on order and I refuse to buy a black car, my wife hates yellow (aka, Cyber Orange) and the instrument panel is supposed to be something like Cactus Grey. Unless Cyber Orange is more orange than yellow in person, I guess I am going with Carbonized Grey.

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am glad you like the contrast. Frankly, my reaction surprised me. Based on the pictures, I would have had the exact opposite reaction to the contrast vs no-contrast. I currently drive a 2013 Wrangler Sahara JKU in "Dune" (the best description I can give is butterscotch), so am partial to unusual colors. I really wanted to like the Cactus Grey, since I have a Badlands on order and I refuse to buy a black car, my wife hates yellow (aka, Cyber Orange) and the instrument panel is supposed to be something like Cactus Grey. Unless Cyber Orange is more orange than yellow in person, I guess I am going with Carbonized Grey.
I've seen a 2 door carbonized grey in person, and although I wasn't super close, it was my favorite of all the ones I've seen in person, and I'm not usually a fan of grey. I've also seen the Cactus Grey on a sport and really wanted to like it but like alot of guys are mentioning it looks great from some angles/lighting, and others not so much. Looked minty green to me. Good luck!

IMG_1278.jpg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carbonized Grey looks good and it’s consistent. Just to dark for me when it comes to off road pinstripes. I ordered Cactus and I will likely stick with it, just because the Bronco is to cool go go white again (I like white for a host of reasons). If the CO wasn’t an upcharge, I would have probably bit the bullet. It’s a cool color, but to pay a premium, along with the worry about ever having to match the paint if I need body work, didn’t seem like a good deal🤔 Goood Luck with your choice!

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had some fun with my Cactus Grey Bronco for a few months, and got to photograph the different shades of it as I came across them.

Take a look here if you have time.
Sponsored