Sponsored

Can a 2021 code 99 be continued until 2023?

swimdoc02

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry and 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey group - new poster here but long time reader! My build is a 4d BL, Velocity blue, 2.7L, Lux, Tow, Hard top. I have a day 3 number and ordered in Jan 2021. But I 99'd my order with all the issues. Wanted to wait for a body color or white hard top. Went to dealer today to drive a demo 4dr BB and touch base on my order. Sales guy said I could NOT carry 99 over to 2023 waiting on those hard tops. Anyone here know for sure if you can or cannot keep the 99 code? Thanks.
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can 99 your order. Look at the Granger ordering thread. It's got some guidance that applies to everyone.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You definitely can 99' your order for as long as you like. If your dealer just doesnt know or is playing games say you want a Mod top which is MY23 and just change it when it time to order for MY23

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let’s just swap orders, mine is a 5/4/21 date. You can just make my order into yours and vice versa. J/k unless you want to

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Car dealers are not built on future business. They want their sales and they want them today. Short of today they want them as soon as possible. The odds of your current salesman even being there in 2023 is slim to none, so no matter what they say, always assume they are lying.

Seriously... I sold cars for a while to put myself through school. They lie about features, facts, their salary, competitive models from other brands, things Ford does and doesn't allow, and what they had for breakfast that morning.

If a car salesman tells you something you know to be true, it's time to second guess it. If he tells you the sky is blue and you think it is, go get your eyes checked just to make sure. Spoke to a salesman today about moving my reservation. He told me they only had 15 reservations and had allocation of 70 next year. Spoke to his sales manager and that guy told me they had 40 reservations and 50 allocations. Called back and spoke to another salesman and he told me 100 reservations and 40 allocations.

Now maybe the manager knew (sales managers are just salesmen so good at lying they get promoted so doubtful), but the point is neither of the salesmen had any idea yet they were perfectly confident making up numbers without batting an eyelash.

This is the system Mike Levine says us as customers should be working within to get our Broncos sooner. Fuck Levine.
Sponsored