First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Solve what? Can't solve normal operation. Might be able to make it quieter with some lubricant. Give it a try and let everyone know your results.

AlliB123

Badlands
First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Previously: 2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know how to "solve it" as my Ford dealer mechanic said it's "normal". Not sure if all 2.3L make this noise and only some of us notice. 🤷‍♂️
Trust me it's normal . My 2020 Ranger made more noise than a diesel. Actuators , injectors , turbo spooling , cooling fan , electronic thing-a-bobs , HP making gizmos , HP robbing gizmos and other magical things I know nothing about.
Sometimes going thru a drive thru the attendant would ask if the engine was ok,lol.
The 2.7 in my Bronco is quiet by comparison.

Sponsored

Lawgi2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the same noise although it’s happening more frequently and longer. Started around 1000 miles. Dealer is replacing the actuator arm in 2 weeks.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same noise although it’s happening more frequently and longer. Started around 1000 miles. Dealer is replacing the actuator arm in 2 weeks.
and how'd that go?

If anyone wants to actually "see" what that noise is coming from - Pop your hood, start the engine, look about halfway down your passenger side engine block and you will SEE the actuator cycling from open to close everytime that squawk noise occurs. Maybe some lube will make it go away, but as people have mentioned previously, it likely wont last long.

Interesting thing to note. Buddy of mine has a 22 BB and does not have this noise. We watched his actuator to see if it opened during a cold start, and it didnt move at all. In fact, his actuator motor looks to be different than mine. Mine has a black cover over it, while his is just a metal piece. Maybe this is a new part/feature for the 2023 2.3L engine.

Sometimes it helps create a comfort to visualize something you hear, thats why I make the suggestion to look at it in action. It might help those concerned see that the noise is from something doing its normal job.
Sponsored