Sponsored

Can I still change color with a VIN but marked as an order?

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ideally yeah, but we were told we wouldn't get ours until 2022 so we didn't 99 our orders. I was likely completely switching my order. I just got back from the Off-Roadeo last weekend and definitely have different feelings now. I'm okay with my loaded CO Badlands and I'm sure I will love it, but would definitely change it if I could.
Same boat. A quick “FYI we take back what we said, you actually might get scheduled for MY21, make any changes now” would have been great.

Even worse when you get the surprise scheduling on the day after they stop allowing color changes on scheduled orders.
Sponsored

TBoneBronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello All,

I have the same situation now in 2022, but it looks like the answer is no.
I was in the midst of deciding which color to change my order to for 2023. I hadn't communicated it to the dealer yet as I hadn't made the firm decision. On Monday 10/3 I received an email from Ford that the dealer had submitted my order for 2023, without talking to me. I emailed them and said that i want to change my color to Azure Gray Metallic. The sales manager said that he was on vacation and would change it when got back. about 2 hours after he sent that email, Ford sent me the "Scheduled for Production" email (week of November 7th. Exciting news! Yes, but the wrong color.

I emailed that to the sales manager and rep immediately and the rep said he had to wait for the Sales manager. I went to the dealer this morning and they say that it is locked in their system. They called an Area Manager who also said that it cannot be changed once scheduled.

I do not know if i have a VIN yet or not.

Does anyone have any experience with this in 2022?

TBoneBronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see now that i do have VIN. Game Over for color change. Here's to Carbonized Gray!

TBoneBronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update!
SUCCESSFULLY CHANGED COLOR YESTERDAY!!
The Sales Manager had been trying to update it remotely from Hawaii, but it always showed locked. He says that when an order moves from Submitted to Production status is gets locked up for a while. It then enters into a mildly updateable (non-VIN related items I presume) mode for a bit before being fully locked for production (Window Sticker generation I guess). It may have just become unlocked yesterday.
He was able to put in the change and add roof bags and upgraded carpet for me.
Hurray!
Big thanks to Larry H. Miller Ford in Mesa, AZ for helping me out! :)

Production date is currently 11/16/22 for a 2023 (yes 23) Badlands 4dr, 2.7/Auto, Lux, Leather, Sasquatch, MIC, Mod, Tow in Azure Gray Metallic! I held out this long for the whole enchilada and it looks like it will finally pay off.
Phew! That is a load off of my brain and heart.
So you CAN change non-VIN Items post-VIN generation. It is a bit of a crap shoot as to when it unlocks after being moved to Production Status.
If you are in my pinched position, stay in touch with your Sales Manager and keep trying. It can be done!! :)

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update!
SUCCESSFULLY CHANGED COLOR YESTERDAY!!
The Sales Manager had been trying to update it remotely from Hawaii, but it always showed locked. He says that when an order moves from Submitted to Production status is gets locked up for a while. It then enters into a mildly updateable (non-VIN related items I presume) mode for a bit before being fully locked for production (Window Sticker generation I guess). It may have just become unlocked yesterday.
He was able to put in the change and add roof bags and upgraded carpet for me.
Hurray!
Big thanks to Larry H. Miller Ford in Mesa, AZ for helping me out! :)

Production date is currently 11/16/22 for a 2023 (yes 23) Badlands 4dr, 2.7/Auto, Lux, Leather, Sasquatch, MIC, Mod, Tow in Azure Gray Metallic! I held out this long for the whole enchilada and it looks like it will finally pay off.
Phew! That is a load off of my brain and heart.
So you CAN change non-VIN Items post-VIN generation. It is a bit of a crap shoot as to when it unlocks after being moved to Production Status.
If you are in my pinched position, stay in touch with your Sales Manager and keep trying. It can be done!! :)
Send a pic when you get it. I just switched to Azure Gray Metallic and want to see in person badly.
Sponsored