Sponsored

Can I still change color with a VIN but marked as an order?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received the email late September, scheduled for 11/15 with a Vin. When I track it now I see it as an order with a VIN, so it moved back from scheduled to ordered. I wasn’t expecting a 2021, so I didn’t bother changing anything, but now I would like to change to 2021 only AMB rather than CG. Is that possible at this point?

Ford Bronco Can I still change color with a VIN but marked as an order? B704128B-7467-4E56-B322-6AC5B5055A06

My previous email:
Ford Bronco Can I still change color with a VIN but marked as an order? 591B0201-E2CB-41BA-A9CB-057C237E4355
Sponsored

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received the email late September, scheduled for 11/15 with a Vin. When I track it now I see it as an order with a VIN, so it moved back from scheduled to ordered. I wasn’t expecting a 2021, so I didn’t bother changing anything, but now I would like to change to 2021 only AMB rather than CG. Is that possible at this point?

Ford Bronco Can I still change color with a VIN but marked as an order? 591B0201-E2CB-41BA-A9CB-057C237E4355

My previous email:
With VIN, No.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

B704128B-7467-4E56-B322-6AC5B5055A06.jpeg

My previous email:
591B0201-E2CB-41BA-A9CB-057C237E4355.jpeg
Nada. No. Nyet. Negative. But you can wrap it or decal it. Or have the MIC roof painted white, body color, etc as a simple way to personalize ($about $2,500, one member said)!

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My previous email:

You absolutely can change the color of your vehicle. I know first hand, because I did.

My vehicle is in the exact same situation as yours. When I look at my confirmation, it shows "scheduled" and when I look through the tracker it goes back a step.

I have a VIN and Build Week of 11/1 and I changed the color about a week ago.

I simply asked my Dealer if it was possible, he checked, said it was and did it. My order, after having a VIN and (several) build dates was updated with the new color. Now, when I look at my order the new color shows up on the Ford Tracker, even though nothing else has changed.

Since yours is scheduled two weeks after mine, I'd bet dimes to dollars you can change yours too.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
You absolutely can change the color of your vehicle. I know first hand, because I did.

My vehicle is in the exact same situation as yours. When I look at my confirmation, it shows "scheduled" and when I look through the tracker it goes back a step.

I simply asked my Dealer if it was possible, he checked, said it was and did it. My order, after having a VIN and (several) build dates was updated with the new color. Now, when I look at my order the new color shows up on the Ford Tracker, even though nothing else has changed.

Since yours is scheduled two weeks after mine, I'd bet dimes to dollars you can change yours too.
Did your change go through after 9/30? I ask because I tried to have the color changed on my 12/6 build date Bronco on 10/6, but my dealer told me it wouldn’t go through because 9/30 was the “balance out” date for MY21.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did your change go through after 9/30? I ask because I tried to have the color changed on my 12/6 build date Bronco on 10/6, but my dealer told me it wouldn’t go through because 9/30 was the “balance out” date for MY21.
9/27

I've not heard about the "balance out" date or anything.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only at a local paint and body shop.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Never mind what the site shows, it’s what shows up on the hauler at the dealership that matters. For your sake I hope you in fact get your desired color change.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
9/27

I've not heard about the "balance out" date or anything.
Neither had I until my dealer told me. It’s unfortunate because I was notified that I was scheduled on 9/30 after being told I’d be a MY22 and had been planning to switch colors.

If anyone has any insight into any ways to change color post-balance out date, I’d be very interested to hear.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never mind what the site shows, it’s what shows up on the hauler at the dealership that matters. For your sake I hope you in fact get your desired color change.
I'd be happy with any of the colors because I don't love any of the colors. I'm going to paint it anyways.

Sponsored

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this was possible I would definitely be changing my 12/6 School Bus Yellow Badlands to White or Iconic Silver.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your Rapid Red is gorgeous in person though. The orange accents clashing with the exterior would bother me but maybe I could get used to it. Definitely a nice color on the Bronco 2dr.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, it's not like we haven't had plenty of time to decide on color...
Ideally yeah, but we were told we wouldn't get ours until 2022 so we didn't 99 our orders. I was likely completely switching my order. I just got back from the Off-Roadeo last weekend and definitely have different feelings now. I'm okay with my loaded CO Badlands and I'm sure I will love it, but would definitely change it if I could.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ideally yeah, but we were told we wouldn't get ours until 2022 so we didn't 99 our orders. I was likely completely switching my order. I just got back from the Off-Roadeo last weekend and definitely have different feelings now. I'm okay with my loaded CO Badlands and I'm sure I will love it, but would definitely change it if I could.
Change to which color?I am currently hooked up between CO and CG. Nothing new about fretting over vehicle color. Every time I order one I go through this.
Sponsored