Sponsored

Can you use DSP factory wiring for new amplifier?

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ‘23 with sub delete and I’m wiring a Kicker 500.1. Is it possible to tap into the wiring harness for the fake Ford amplifier to get the remote turn on and audio signal? I know I can turn these wires on using Forscan.

I believe the “Amp En/Clip” is a remote turn on and can test with my multimeter. I’m really wondering if I can use the subwoofer +/- and wire into the RCAs of the Kicker 500.1. If so, should I put the + to both the right and left channel of the new amp? Same for the - ?
Ford Bronco Can you use DSP factory wiring for new amplifier? img-1686186976061
Sponsored

OP
OP

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Amp En/Clip is only 6V so I don’t think that will work. Very odd but maybe that’s all the factory amp needed.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If your using the high level inputs of sub +/- then forget the remote wire, don’t need it. Just use the dc offset feature to turn on amp.

OP
OP

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your using the high level inputs of sub +/- then forget the remote wire, don’t need it. Just use the dc offset feature to turn on amp.
I was just looking for info for the DC offset. Is that to turn on other amps or to turn on this amp? In the instructions it mentions it “causes the REM to be a 12v out”

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was just looking for info for the DC offset. Is that to turn on other amps or to turn on this amp? In the instructions it mentions it “causes the REM to be a 12v out”
It will turn on your key amp when it senses a signal from the inputs.

TonyT

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend, 1993 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Basically the amp simply senses when there is voltage being applied to the inputs, and then turns the amp on. Once it no longer detects voltage it starts a shut off timer, then after that short timer runs out it will shut back off.
I've had problems with some other vehicles, where on low volume the amp would turn off. However, both my amps on my Bronco use DC offset without any issue.

jflores

Black Diamond
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 FJ Cruiser, 94 F150, 07 Corolla w/almost 340k
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Basically the amp simply senses when there is voltage being applied to the inputs, and then turns the amp on. Once it no longer detects voltage it starts a shut off timer, then after that short timer runs out it will shut back off.
I've had problems with some other vehicles, where on low volume the amp would turn off. However, both my amps on my Bronco use DC offset without any issue.
So I would have the DC offset “on” on my Kicker key 500.1, correct?
Sponsored