Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know there are already several threads for stereo wiring harnesses and where to get them, but I wanted to add another option I hadn’t seen on the forum.

I ordered a wiring harness from:
https://hoelwiring.com/

I was able to chat with them on their site and have a harness made for a Kicker Key 200.4 and Kicker 8” Hideaway sub. This is now listed on their site along with several other options. It arrived today, and looks to be good quality. It should allow me to plug right into the amp and sub, and only run power and ground to be set up.

Ford Bronco Stereo Wiring Harness 1654041069716
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man I wish I knew about this before I got the PlugNPlay Kit, I only needed the adaptor plugs, ugh! Oh well live and learn.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed the wiring harness, kicker key 200.4 and kicker powered sub over the weekend. Everything worked great.
Which length kit did you get? I’m confused by the options, since the Kicker amp comes with its own power cabling.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EMBronco

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which length kit did you get? I’m confused by the options, since the Kicker amp comes with its own power cabling.
I got this: https://hoelwiring.com/products/copy-of-ford-bronco-combo-key200-4-amp-hs8-10-subwoofer-harness

I got it with the 6' Kicker Key harness length (attached the amp under the steering column), the sub harness is 20', and 12" power and ground wires. I then ran my own power and ground wires and attached to the 12" pigtails. You could use the power and ground wires that come with the amp, or what I did was run them using some wire I already had and left the factory harness intact in the off chance I needed it down the road. I think the options for 6' & 20' power and ground wires are there if someone wants to order wire with the harness and not use what comes with the amp.

I do like that power and ground wires that's included in this harness have quick disconnects. I mounted the sub to the back of the back seat with the Velcro straps that come with the sub. If I'm going to a place where I'm concerned the sub would be stolen, it only take 15 seconds to unstrap the Velcro, unplug the harness, power and ground. Then I can just take the sub out.

Ford Bronco Stereo Wiring Harness IMG_2066

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for bringing these guys to my attention. From readin this post - I ordered a custom harness for the kicker key 200.4 to work with just the front stage in bi-amp mode, already shipped out.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Competition is good for prices.. Daaaang I paid way too much for that plugnplay kit :D
Oh well.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got it with the 6' Kicker Key harness length (attached the amp under the steering column), the sub harness is 20', and 12" power and ground wires.
Sorry, I'm still confused. The photo on the website shows "6' Kicker Key 200.4 section + 20' Kicker HS8/HS10 section" but when you select the combo you want to purchase, you can only pick one or the other (6' or 20'). I too will be mounting the amp below the steering column, so I'd assume I just need the 6' harness, but if I eventually put a powered sub in the back, I assume I need a 10'+ lead for that.

How does one select the combo actually shown in the photo (which sounds like the one you purchased)? Perhaps they all come with 20' sub harnesses and you're just choosing the 200.4 harness length you need as well as length of power/ground wire (which seems redundant given the HS8/HS10 already come with power cable)?

Ford Bronco Stereo Wiring Harness harness

Last edited:
OP
OP
EMBronco

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, I'm still confused. The photo on the website shows "6' Kicker Key 200.4 section + 20' Kicker HS8/HS10 section" but when you select the combo you want to purchase, you can only pick one or the other (6' or 20'). I too will be mounting the amp below the steering column, so I'd assume I just need the 6' harness, but if I eventually put a powered sub in the back, I assume I need a 10'+ lead for that.

How does one select the combo actually shown in the photo (which sounds like the one you purchased)? Perhaps they all come with 20' sub harnesses and you're just choosing the 200.4 harness length you need as well as length of power/ground wire (which seems redundant given the HS8/HS10 already come with power cable)?

harness.jpg
I believe you are correct that they all come with a 20' cable for the sub. When I ordered, they did not have this one listed on their site. I chatted with them and they built it for me. You are correct, you don't need anything longer that the 12" for power and ground if you are going to use the cable that comes with the sub. The 12" pigtail provided is already wired into the harness connector and has quick disconnects.

You can use the chat feature on their site to confirm. They always got back to me when I chatted them.
Sponsored